• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Filter missing: AE.ADBE MPEG.SourceSettings

Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one system, an old macpro, this error does not come up and everything is fine.

On systems based on an iMac and a new MacPro, this error comes up at startup "Video Filter missing:  AE.ADBE MPEG.SourceSettings"

All Systems Running Premiere 2018.

This project contains some mpeg screen grabbed material that will not play correctly on the systems with errors. It appears it is have problems with the GOP playback (I'm totally guessing.) It plays a couple frames, then plays fragments of previous/past frames.

The most recent version of AE was installed as an attempt to fix this issue. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Hey! Update. So I'm not sure if this will work for y'all, but it worked for me. All I did was update my software. (as in I updated all of my adobe software/apps to the latest version, and it seemed to make the problem go away.

Hope that helps. I'd be happy to elaborate if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Except going from a Mac to a PC(win 10)

it still seems to work. the footage is just a little more glitchy looking.

Anyone have a solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered this message also.

It was on a project that I had imported some pluraleyes xmls into.

I didn't have glitches until after I sent the project to a friend and he sent it back to me. Then is when I had glitches, he never had them he said - but he did had the grey stripes on the same clips that ended up having glitches on mine.

It seems like it might have been his computer having an issue with the XMLs, not sure.

I noticed that making the clips offline and relinking them - or even replacing the footage -  didn't work to rid the glitches. What I ended up doing was dragging in a new version of the same clips and manually matching them back up.

Figured I would share my story in case it helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really frustrating that Adobe hasn't responded to this thread and that yet we're having another glitch in Premiere.  Between all my CC apps I am having weekly glitch issues and I'm losing faith in Adobe.  Every update just causes a new problem.

I believe I have your solution, it appears your projects have become corrupted.  I was experiencing the exact same issue.  Weird glitches when playing back the sequence and I couldn't render it, kept getting render errors and I was on a deadline, thanks Adobe!   I exported an EDL of the sequence I needed, started a fresh and project, imported the EDL and everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Update. So I'm not sure if this will work for y'all, but it worked for me. All I did was update my software. (as in I updated all of my adobe software/apps to the latest version, and it seemed to make the problem go away.

Hope that helps. I'd be happy to elaborate if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well and updated all my apps. That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not solved. I have the problem since an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that updating to Premiere 12.0.1 (Build 69) seems to have fixed both error message and the media playback error for me.

Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to MBPs, one at work, one at home.

I got the error at the home computer.

My apps were updated, but I uninstalled Premiere and After Effects, restarted the computer, reinstalled them. The missing video filter error was replaced by missing audio filter. But I solved that by rescanning audio plugins

Premiere Pro 2015.3 Audio Filter missing

Now it works fine.

I'm exporting via AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on the long project and kept switching between Windows and Mac. Now it is showing the same error while loading project pm MAC which was earlier saved in Windows. This is the second time I am facing this issue which occur only after I switch same project from Windows to Mac. COuldn't play the video properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the Premier Project and put the old one in a folder. restar you computer and try again. it work for me. good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue, but my problem arose after reverting back to version 12.0.0 because the 12.0.1 update caused other issues with my video. (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10303273#10303273).

So while updating the software to the latest version may fix some issues it may cause others to pop up as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Upgrading fixed one issue but introduced a whole bunch of awful new issues. Downgrading fixed new issues but I can't freaking export without glitchy media. Aaaaaargh!!!!!

Adobe recently sent me a customer satisfaction survey and needless to say, they did not get a very high "likely to recommend" score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Program crashes every time I try to export my project. I get a "Offline material is present in this export and will be encoded using the Offline Media" Error. When I reboot I get the "Video Filter missing:  AE.ADBE MPEG.SourceSettings" error.

I have already upgraded to the latest version and that was a DISASTER. Half my files went offline. I went back to the earlier version. Relinked via "Proxy - relink to higher resolution files" because I couldn't relink the proper way. I removed all offline files.

Still cannot export. Premiere Pro has caused me weeks of wasted time impacting my client relationships.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem but updating did not help. Other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines