• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video format for TV broadcast commercials?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I should export the video as H.264 if it's to be used as TV ad. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mwl,

Delivery specs should be communicated to you by whomever you are working with. This is not something you should be guessing about. Ask! For broadcast, the delivery is usually a high res 10 bit HD file, not H.264. At least, in my experience that was the case.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thank you for your quick reply!

Do you perhaps have a recommendation for what format the clips I use for editing should be, if the end result should be for a TV ad? Does it matter if it's MOV or MP4 for instance, and does the fps of the clip matter? I've read that 30 fps is recommended. 

Thanks in advance. 

Best, 

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very few places broadcast at ATSC 3.0 standards. For ATSC they will probably want 1080i. as opposed to 720P 60. They might want bar and tone and a count down lead among other things. That being said you should be using a video capture card like the Intensity Shuttle and a broadcast compliant monitor that can display 1080i. You can put H.264, Pro Res, BRAW etc in the 1080i timeline. They might accept an HDV tape or Blu-ray disk. Every place will be different. You need to ask the broadcast facility how they want it delieverd not us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Thank you very much for your respond. 

Is it possible to convert 1080p to 1080i in Premiere Pro, or do I need a monitor for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can render out a 1080p sequence to 1080i. That being said you cannot watch 1080i on a computer monitor. For that you would need 3rd party hardware and a broadcast compliant monitor. If you are going to do a lot of broadcast work you need 3rd party hardware for accurate color space, composition and motion. Motion graphics are silky smooth at 1080i on broadcast compliant hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines