Video Ghosting/Double Image blur when attempting to export

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first time posting. In need of assistance! Been editing for a few years now & recently ran into an issue I have no idea how to solve. I've searched for an answer to this issue with no luck. Please bare with me as I attempt to explain:

I'm currently attempting to export a JPEG sequence, however this issue exists no matter how I attempt to export (H.264, AVI, etc.). I've made stills of several videos I've shot. All videos were shot in either 100 FPS or 120 FPS,  XAVCS HD. I shoot/edit sports & frequently will slow video down, so this is the reason for shooting this way.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_08_20 AM.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf 12_27_2020 3_02_59 AM.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf 12_27_2020 2_33_35 AM.png

I created a new custom sequence 864x1080 at 23.976 FPS.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_21_38 AM.png

Playback on the timeline is perfectly fine, however when attempting to export I experience a strange ghosting/double image blur issue. Frame sampling is on, frame blending is off.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_24_20 AM.png

I've noticed that if the sequence is 100 FPS they render fine, however I haven't found a way to set a custom sequence at 100 FPS. I'm trying to understand what is happening, & what the correct workflow is in order to avoid this happening in the future. I've run into this same issue before during a game day, constructing a recap video, & then creating multiple sequences at different sizes to export the video for various social media reasons. IIRC, I found that if I rendered at 60 FPS this was the only way to resolve the ghost/blur issue, however the issue wasn't resolved completely. There was still some slight lagging happening.

Any help with understanding what is going on/how to resolve would be greatly appreciated! Hopefuly I explained the issue well enough.

- Ricky

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Your sequence field is set to lower. Set it to progressive.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video Ghosting/Double Image blur when attempting to export

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first time posting. In need of assistance! Been editing for a few years now & recently ran into an issue I have no idea how to solve. I've searched for an answer to this issue with no luck. Please bare with me as I attempt to explain:

I'm currently attempting to export a JPEG sequence, however this issue exists no matter how I attempt to export (H.264, AVI, etc.). I've made stills of several videos I've shot. All videos were shot in either 100 FPS or 120 FPS,  XAVCS HD. I shoot/edit sports & frequently will slow video down, so this is the reason for shooting this way.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_08_20 AM.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf 12_27_2020 3_02_59 AM.png

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf 12_27_2020 2_33_35 AM.png

I created a new custom sequence 864x1080 at 23.976 FPS.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_21_38 AM.png

Playback on the timeline is perfectly fine, however when attempting to export I experience a strange ghosting/double image blur issue. Frame sampling is on, frame blending is off.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - D__EMU_2020_FB_FB vs NIU_Untitledf _ 12_27_2020 2_24_20 AM.png

I've noticed that if the sequence is 100 FPS they render fine, however I haven't found a way to set a custom sequence at 100 FPS. I'm trying to understand what is happening, & what the correct workflow is in order to avoid this happening in the future. I've run into this same issue before during a game day, constructing a recap video, & then creating multiple sequences at different sizes to export the video for various social media reasons. IIRC, I found that if I rendered at 60 FPS this was the only way to resolve the ghost/blur issue, however the issue wasn't resolved completely. There was still some slight lagging happening.

Any help with understanding what is going on/how to resolve would be greatly appreciated! Hopefuly I explained the issue well enough.

- Ricky

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0