Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video is black After rendering and only shows while playing in the timeline

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I received some mp4 Files recorded with different Smartphones. As soon as I drag them in my timeline or (we work with that template on a daily basis) the video turns black. When I start playing it you see the video again and the audio is there too. Now I tried to render it and then final File is black as well. But only the video- the rest of the template is there. I made all updates, tried it on two different computers and change in project setting to Mercury Playback Engine. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Laura 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Thanks a lot for your help!

I actuallly figuered it out: In contrary to a few posts I tried "mercury Playback Engine (Only Software)" in the project settings (odly the presettings are Mercury Playback Engine (recommended)) and restarted the computer. Et Voila worked perfectly fine 🙂

Cheers

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all the VFR media from smartphones plays ok in Premiere. So I'd recommend batch converting those in the free utility app Handbrake. I'd post the link but I'm on my tablet, so don't have it available.

Make sure in Handbrake to set the Video tab to a specific number frame-rate, AND check the CFR button. Set the compression to "near placebo". And you can do batch conversions, it's a bit clunky to figure out at first.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help!

I actuallly figuered it out: In contrary to a few posts I tried "mercury Playback Engine (Only Software)" in the project settings (odly the presettings are Mercury Playback Engine (recommended)) and restarted the computer. Et Voila worked perfectly fine 🙂

Cheers

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried "mercury Playback Engine (Only Software)

That is an indication that you need to update your graphics driver.

It's not a solution, but a workaround.

If an NVIDIA graphics card, install the latest Studio Driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines