Highlighted

Video not exporting.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a couple screen captures from my android that I'm trying to crop and trim. I go through all the motions and see the video playing in the preview screen, but when I finish exporting there is only audio. When I try to put the file back into premiere I get "The file has an unsupported compression type"

Weird thing is when I do the same on my laptop the resulting file has both video and audio. The files were c/p directly from my desktop, instead of my phone. I'm not sure what the issue is here. I tried other export formats, re-installing premiere, but nothing works. I would just do it on my laptop, but there are a lot of files and my laptop isn't as powerful as my desktop. Am I missing some codecs or something?

export.PNG

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video not exporting.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a couple screen captures from my android that I'm trying to crop and trim. I go through all the motions and see the video playing in the preview screen, but when I finish exporting there is only audio. When I try to put the file back into premiere I get "The file has an unsupported compression type"

Weird thing is when I do the same on my laptop the resulting file has both video and audio. The files were c/p directly from my desktop, instead of my phone. I'm not sure what the issue is here. I tried other export formats, re-installing premiere, but nothing works. I would just do it on my laptop, but there are a lot of files and my laptop isn't as powerful as my desktop. Am I missing some codecs or something?

export.PNG

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i added a screenshot of the export settings, well some of them. idk what exactly would be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say screen captures are these still images?  If they're video, the problem may be caused by their variable frame rate.  Use mediainfo to see if the frame rate is constant or variable. 

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If they're variable frame rate, use handbrake to convert to constant.  variable frame rate can cause intermittent problems and it's hard to predict when the issue will rear it's ugly head.

https://handbrake.fr

and here's a tutorial how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does say variable. i'll give handbrake a try, but is there a reason it works on my laptop but not my desktop?

EDIT: since you mentioned the framerate being an issue i tried up changing the export framerate from match source (which was 10) to 30 just to see and it worked! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, this is an intermittent unpredictable issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines