• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not importing into sequence (audio only) - not different codex

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you ask, this problem does not have anything to do with the video codex.

The problem - I create a project and import a video to create the sequence. Now, I have done this many ways to test: importing from the prog file, importing directly from the file folder, and importing using the media directory. Additionally, I have tried loading the video file by double-clicking then dragging the loaded video file. So the problem is, once I have inserted a video file and the sequence is set I cannot insert another video file. Also, It will not allow me to insert the SAME video file again. Only the audio is imported as if it were a different video file type. This problem appears inconsistent as sometimes I am able to insert the same or different video files once or twice. But eventually, after 3 max different/same video files have been added, it will not allow it anymore. Deleting the project resets the process and I am able to insert a few video files, but then it breaks again.

I have tested many things. Please note that most of my tests include a retard of my PC. Among these (in no particular order) include: Uninstalling and removing all preferences, installing older versions of the software, clearing all media cache, checking sequence settings to make sure it is not set to some weird codex. The only thing that appears to work is - Creating a completely new project, NOT A NEW SEQUENCE, I insert a video file to create a sequence. Then, I copy that file from the sequence (ctrl+c) into another project sequence (ctrl+v). This is not acceptable nor is it a consistently workable solution. I would provide an attached video as a visualization of the issue, but I have already wasted too much time trying to troubleshoot.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Formats , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I am currently working on messing around with my Nvidia drivers. I have the latest version of Nvidia's studio drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2: A rollback of the drivers did not appear to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 3: Installed 13.1.5 (2019v) and it appears to be running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not appear to be a solution. I just tested this again, but I had previously tested this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of sequence with the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appears to be working if I turn off source patching! It looks like only audio was selected under source patching by default, so it will work if both are turned on also. Weird thing to make default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines