• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not showing on screen

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import any video in Premiere pro CC 2018 it imports successfully but once I play it on my timeline or on top left side, it doesn't show any video footage only audio is all i can hear. Tried all the setting, looked up on Youtube but not joy.  I have just installed the 2018 version of this software.

Please Help!
Rakesh Singh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rakesh,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Are you on Windows or Mac? What is the GPU model number?

Have you updated the GPU drivers?

Change the renderer in Project settings & test.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, GPU driver is updated on my laptop. I am using Core i5 with 8GB RAM and internal graphic accelerator. I am using older version of CC premiere pro on my desktop which is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file type and codec of your video? Will it playback normally in Windows and/or VLC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is .mp4 file and a/v codec is not available as it shows in property. However, the other video which I am trying to play after importing is .wmv with video codec- Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile and audio -

Windows Media Audio 9.2

192 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR

tried around 10 files and still no video.. all I can hear is audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is .mp4 file and a/v codec is not available as it shows in property. However, the other video which I am trying to play after importing is .wmv with video codec- Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile and audio -

Windows Media Audio 9.2

192 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR

tried around 10 files and still no video.. all I can hear is audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your no reply after asking a few details. I have sorted it out myself.

Thanks a ton for your help ADOBE!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rakesh,

Sorry for the delay in response. Glad the issue is resolved. Please let us know about the source of the issue.

Also, let us know if the issue persists along with screenshots.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rakesh,

I have the same problem aswell,

Could you let me know how you solved it please?

Thanks,

Conor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rakesh...

I am also facing the same problem.

Plz let me know how you solved the problem.

Waiting for your Reply.

Thanks,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem after the PremierePro was updated to a latest version. Earlier no issues with video showing. Now nothing seen.

Timeline rendering also fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First update your video card/graphics card driver if any update available.. Then clear temp files on your pc (run command >>%temp%>>enter and clear temp files). Once done reboot your pc and run open the application Premiere pro then it may show the video footage if your pc has exactly same issue as mine.

I did that and it worked for me.
Let me know if it works. If it doesn't I will try to find alternate solution for your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem (no video), however I am stuck trying to clear the Temporary files. Can someone advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, first try to open default project which comes with the premiere pro.>> C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\12.0\Tutorial\Going Home project and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For render I will suggest you to use Adobe Media encoder by exporting project from file menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rakesh! I'm facing the same problem. How did you resolve it? Thanks in advance 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the video clip from timeline, right click, turn off adjacent layer, It will work Perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rakesh, 

I think I'm having the same problem. 

A project just won't play. All the media contained in it is correctly linked. Other projects play. Only this one doesn't. It is a very large project, I'm wondering whether it's my PC that cannot take it. Any suggestions?

defaultnplggdd5cesg_0-1634574289853.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines