• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video not synched with Audio after export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a virtual musical for my school. We recorded all of the scenes while the student were on Zoom, and I screencasted to record. Everything will be lined up in Premier Pro, but when I export the audio becomes ahead of the video. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Is the screencast footage variable frame rate, this often causes sync problems on export. Convert the source footage to constant frame rate with the program 'Handbrake'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the screencast footage variable frame rate, this often causes sync problems on export. Convert the source footage to constant frame rate with the program 'Handbrake'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be a variable frame rate. The program says 30fps. I will try Handbrake though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

30fps doesn't mean anything ... I know several screen-capture programs, and they tend to record at the listed frame-rate yet do so in VFR mode actually, so the 30 in that case is the "target" framerate, not the absolute.

As noted above, check to see if  it's VFR, which with the variance in audio is probable. The audio is a continuous rate file, the video of VFR changes how many frames per second. This can make a mess in editing the file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Handbrake worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines