Highlighted

Video only imports once or twice.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to editing, and this is my first time posting on here, so if this is an obvious fix, I hope you'll forgive me!

Recently I've been running into trouble with importing footage into Premiere Pro. It'll work fine for a few files, but then it will only import two audio tracks (desktop audio and mic audio), and not import my secondary mic's audio or any video. After closing and opening Premiere Pro, it will work fine again, but only for one file. Then I have to restart it again, and et cetera. The video format is MP4. 

Sorry again if this is something that should be obvious.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video only imports once or twice.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to editing, and this is my first time posting on here, so if this is an obvious fix, I hope you'll forgive me!

Recently I've been running into trouble with importing footage into Premiere Pro. It'll work fine for a few files, but then it will only import two audio tracks (desktop audio and mic audio), and not import my secondary mic's audio or any video. After closing and opening Premiere Pro, it will work fine again, but only for one file. Then I have to restart it again, and et cetera. The video format is MP4. 

Sorry again if this is something that should be obvious.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post a screen recording of your issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking importing into the program or dropping it on the timeline?

If its the latter:

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure. After I posted my question, I learned I could reset all my settings and did so. Since then, I haven't had the problem occur, but I haven't done much editing since then in the first place. If it helps, I usually just bring the files straight from my recordings folder to the timeline, not the source monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0