• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Playback Freezing on All Premiere Pro (19-17)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys... been a hell of a day.

I've been running into the same issue in Premiere Pro on a new machine I built, and ran the program for the first time on. Video playback freezes in the program moments into using it.The program opens up fine, and will even open up a project fine. Pressing play on the timeline will work when you first open a project, but if you try and open anything in the source monitor, video playback on all monitors stop in Premiere. Audio will still be able to play some times, but for the most part the video completely locks up.

As you can imagine, this has been extremely frustrating at to makes things worse I can't find any solutions that work!

I've tried to install 2018 and 2017 but the problem persists. I've also tried installing multiple drivers from Nvidia with no luck. It just keeps doing the same thing.

The system Im working on is a new build. It's got the following under the hood:

32 GB Ram

i9 - 9900k Processor
NVidia Quadro P2000
Asus Maximus Code XI Motherboard
BMD Mini Monitor

All devices seem to be working properly...  and I've all but run out of ideas.

Like most people looking for these solutions, this is work related and have projects to complete so I'm praying that there is someone out there that can help. Adobe, it sucks that this is happening to software that I pay a lot for over the year. Hoping you guys are tightening up future releases.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Hey Guys

So I finally got this all figured out.

I took Jim's suggestion and ended up reinstalling Windows and installing each driver piece by piece to see where the issue was. I had removed the BM card but I didn't remove the drive which was the main thing screwing things up (specifically Desktop Video Driver). I had to roll back the driver to 10.10 to get things running smooth.

So happy, and thank you both for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing the BM card and see how it goes?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. It was one of my first attempts to fix the problem.

Unfortunately nothings happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to add that the system seems to play video on all other programs fine.  This includes After Effects and VLC. I can even utilize my playback monitor fine in After Effects.

The problem seems to be specific to Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to both uninstall and cleanup all traces of Pr. Then reboot and reinstall.

The instructions say uninstall first, but I get better results when doing both uninstall and cleanup with the Cleaner Tool.

There's a link to it on the Overview page of this forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave the cleaner a shot and got rid of over thing, but after a reinstall it seems to be having the exact same issue as it was having before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is bizarre behavior. Have you posted this on the bug/features system? That goes directly to the engineers systems. Look for a link to bugs/features site on the top of the Overview page of this forum.

Now called UserVoice, it's a vast improvement.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will share the issue there as well!

Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes.  I just wanna see people working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 2B below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

So far I've tested out new projects with RED files, ProRes Quicktime, H264, and Cineform, all of which I could add to a time line and play for a moment, but if I was to add that same clip to the source monitor it would never open there and freeze video in the program monitor as well. This is the same as earlier.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is looking like a system issue.

Next, take a look at Steps 3D and 4D from the Troubleshooter.  Report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys

So I finally got this all figured out.

I took Jim's suggestion and ended up reinstalling Windows and installing each driver piece by piece to see where the issue was. I had removed the BM card but I didn't remove the drive which was the main thing screwing things up (specifically Desktop Video Driver). I had to roll back the driver to 10.10 to get things running smooth.

So happy, and thank you both for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so for posting this back! This sort of information is golden.

I was curious about the BM card as I have heard of problems with both the cards and drivers in Pr from various places. AHA and Kona seem more stable but if say you want to use Resolve,  you do need the BM  card.

I'll be getting a mini decklink soon myself. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't let this stop you from getting them!

They're such an aid to the edit, especially when dealing with clients who will come and preview, but this driver issue is a bit of a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I have had the same problem and this is what I found out.
When I viewed a video on VLC just to inspect the footage full-sceen it effected Adobe.

When I shut down Windows 10 and manual reboot, it didn't had effect and premiere still stalls.
Windows 10 has the stupid "habbit"  not to shut completely down after a shut down (start menu)...
When you restart it willl shut down completly and the issue has been solved.

I now use the protocol: "shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0" in cmd prompt to shut down I have made a shortcut on my desktop with this line so I just have to double click to activate it.

It has solved my problems, I hope it will help others.

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was affecting many applications for me, specifically PP and my screen recorder.  I was able to correct this on my Surfacebook Pro by going into the Nvidea Control panel and clicking restore in the application and global settings area. If you have another GPU I suggest looking for the equivelant of this in your driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines