• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video preview issues after upgrading to 14.6.0 [when editing with multiple codecs]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to 14.6.0 I’m having a very annoying issue, that occurs when working with different codecs within the same project.

I’m using various .TS, .MOV and .MP4 files as my source material. Until now, this never caused any problems. Premiere never had any trouble previewing edits, even when multiple codecs were used within the same timeline.

Since upgrading however, playback freezes or lags when the playhead reaches a clip of a different codec than the one before. It may freeze for 5 seconds, and then continue playing.

Converting all of my source material beforehand would be a workaround, but that would very much slow down my work flow.

Does anyone else experience this problem or have a solution?

[iMac Pro 2017 / Catalina 10.15]

[typo edited by mod]

TOPICS
Crash , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd revert to the previous version of premiere that was working...  updates often put greater demands on the hardware and OS.  Did you check to see that your system meets minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

You might also delete your cache files and reset your preferences whichi I seem to remember is recommended when do an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Specs shouldn't be a problem. I'll try a reset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please post back and let us know if that helps.  and did you check the minimum specs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep specs aren't a problem. I will give it a shot when I get back from work and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines