• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video renders many minutes of black after last clip

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a short video where the last clip ends at about 22 seconds but when I export/render it, it ends up being more than 7 minutes long b'c theres 6.5 minutes of black. How do I get rid of this 6.5 minutes of black after my last clip? 

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

On your timeline you have probably a clip or Black Video at the end of the timeline, at around +7 minutes. One frame is enough to trigger the timeline to render past your 22 seconds to +7minutes.

Place the time indicator at 22 seconds. Zoom in fully. (important) Press Down Arrow once, or until you find the "ghost clip/s" at the end of the timeline. Remove them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your timeline you have probably a clip or Black Video at the end of the timeline, at around +7 minutes. One frame is enough to trigger the timeline to render past your 22 seconds to +7minutes.

Place the time indicator at 22 seconds. Zoom in fully. (important) Press Down Arrow once, or until you find the "ghost clip/s" at the end of the timeline. Remove them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I knew it had to be something simple. I had an extremely short clip all the way down by the 7-minute mark. Once I deleted that, all was good. Thanks for the quick tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a different version of your editor program, but don't you have a WAB ( Work Area Bar ) ? I think the shortcut is the back slash key to see your entire WAB... so you can do what averdahl said... either delete black vdeo ( snap the WAB to the end of your desire for final frame ) and delete rest  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or if you've got an extended keyboard (and any serious editor should have an extended keyboard) just hitting the "end" key will take you to the end of the timeline and you can see if there's something beyond what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and the solution presented here doesn't work for me. I have nothing else in the timeline, can't zoom out any further than I already have and pressing the down key doesn't take me any further than the last clip that I do want in there. I'm baffled. I've re-rendered it twice and the same thing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried marking an in and out at the beginning and end of your
sequence, and then in the export dialogue, export in to out

Michael Grenadier
917-362-3396
*www.michaelgrenadier.com <>*
mgrenadier@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, if you’re just looking to render, render in to out

Michael Grenadier
917-362-3396
*www.michaelgrenadier.com <>*
mgrenadier@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 18.18.10.png

Here's what I'm seeing when I press render. When scrolling through the timeline it only shows me the 'good' bit, but it does seem to say that it's going to render an extra 20+ minutes. Even though that isn't showing up in the timeline here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ended up dumping the rendered sequence back into Premiere, cutting off the black bit and rendering that again, which did the trick. So odd, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines