• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video resoultion weird preview

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I put one of my clips in the timeline, it comes out cropped when the scale is set to 100. If I check the original file, it comes out fine. What can I do?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first video or clip that you pull into a timeline... sets the Sequence to those settings. So if the first video you drag in is 720p and then you drag in a 1080p file afterwards.... the sequence will have been set to 720p. So the 1080p file that is scaled 100% (actual size) will need ot be scaled DOWN to 720p for it to ALL fit within the frame. 

If you drag the 1080p file into the sequence first, then the sequence will be set to 1080p and if you drag in a lower res video file like 720p you will then have to scale it UP (which can cause dithering and reduce quality) so that it is scaled up to 1080p.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

Cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay that's correct, thanks but is there a place where I can make changes to the project so I can make the default 1080p because the first clip was different, so how will I change it back to the 1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can either create a new sequence and drag in that first clip... or just go under Sequence>Sequence Settings and you can change it there.

Hope that helps!
cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, its normal now, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing, if I try to change the sequence settings it says it must delte all previous files, is there a way I can do it but not delete all the other files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are ONLY preview files.... preview files are in cache to help replay your movie. They will be recreated... its no problem. You should be good to go!

have fun creating!

glad I was able to help!

best,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines