Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video settings aren't matching up

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a long video with a coworker. We decided it would be easiest to break it down into sections and each of us taking a couple sections at a time.  However, after I created 2 of my sections I went to combine them with my coworkers and I am running into the sequence settings not matching up.  For instance, when I add one video (image size 4032x3024) to the "combined" sequence and then try to add the 2nd video (image 1334 x 750) the 2nd one's images appear super small in the preview section.  How do I match them up? Do I have to recreate the two seperate videos to somehow match in "size"? And would my coworker also have to create his videos in the same size or is there not a way to make the seperate videos match up in size? (without messing with the Effects Control - Scale ratio of each video, which then just messes with everything). I have tried to watch some youtube clips and research it, but can't seem to figure anything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... There really is nothing you can do except change the scale of the clips. You have some clips that are about 1/4 the size of the other clips. One is bigger than the other. What else can you do but make the small one big or the big one small? That's scale. You can do that manually in Effect Controls, or you can do it a little more automatically by selecting the clips and choosing Set or Scale to Frame Size.

Ultimately, since you have different sizes of footage, you need to collectively decide what the final delivery of your file is going to be. Which do you have the most of? Are you aiming for a 4k video? Or do you meet in the middle and make a 1080p video? Conform all the different sized media to that. Obviously, the video you scale up is only going to look worse the larger you scale it, but that's the nature of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks, that's disappointing but I guess understandable.  Is there a way to set the "scale/settings/whatever" to one specific size for all videos and then it would make this combining of them easier/doable?  I am noticing that the sequence scale/setting is set with whatever the first image/video is that is added to the sequence. Is there a way to set it all to like 1080 instead of just whatever the first thing that's added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually create a sequence by going to New Item>Sequence (in one of the multiple ways of doing that). Start with an existing preset that's close to what you're going for and then go into the settings to tweak it to your needs (if it's not 100% matching.) If it's something you'd re-use you can create a preset out of it. Usually the fact that the sequence matches to the footage you drop on there is a good thing, as a common problem for people is that they don't set their sequences up properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just decide on the sequence setting that everybody will use and then choose a scale setting that everybody will use for each video size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good advice so far.

One thing to be aware of is EVERYONE in this scenario must have the same default for scaling in the Preferences/Media tab. I would suggest using Set to Framesize as the best default setting for this.

Neil

Preferences Scaling Set to Framesize.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines