• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video sizing

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am trying to make my image smaller to fit two clips on one screen, is scaling the only way to do that? will it effect my image quality? is double clicking the clip and scaling with the curser the same thing as using the numbers?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of? You can also crop out potions of the video you don't need vs. straight scaling the whole thing. But yes, the numbers or clicking and dragging are the same function. As for quality, as long as you are scaling down you won't be losing quality (though obviously its harder to physically see the detail). If you scale up, don't go above 110% or else there will (usually) be noticeable quality dips (and even then, scaling up almost never works with non 4k footage if you are concerned about perfect quality). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there can be quality issues with scaling down particularly if you're working with interlaced material...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, all of that interlaced material we work with nowadays. 

I kind of assumed the poster wasn't working in broadcast if they were asking this question. 

Allow me to rephrase: I have never personally run into cut-ruining quality issues while scaling down footage. Per mgrenadier, it may be an issue depending on your footage. 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do I detect a soupcon of snark?  I will celebrate the day all interlaced material is banned... but in the meantime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have experienced loss of quality when scaling down progressive media as well as interlaced media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines