• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Stutters After Import

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i import videos into premere pro wether it be an .mp4, .mov, it dosent matter everytime i import the playback is glitchy. it is not like a prossessing problem because premere pro has worked before but randomly it has started doing this. i have tried updating and downgrading. Still not working. this is my problem. thanks!

adobe premere pro glitch - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

it was something with the 2018 version of premere pro. once i updated to the 2019 version it was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my laptop, going out to YouTube to watch, I couldn't tell what was glitchy ... looked the same.

I do have a couple comments ... it is better to use PrPro's Media Browser panel to navigate to/select media/assets to ingest, or double-click a blank area of the Project panel and navigate to/select/import-ingest media than to drag-drop from Finder/Explorer. Far more reliable at getting all metadata from the media into PrPro's media database.

And I'm curious what tool created this media ... camera, phone, what?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was worse on different videos but it would glitch and the video would go back to the begining halfway through the preview but the audio would continue. super weird but it looks to have been fixed in the 2019 version thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Kevin!

Did importing from the PrPro Media Browser fix your glitch?

Let me know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was something with the 2018 version of premere pro. once i updated to the 2019 version it was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar sounding issue.  My footage is from an iPhone X.  The issue seemed to begin after I installed 2019, but I installed 2018 and the same thing happens in both versions. 

The solution I have found is to use the utility called "Handbrake" to encode the video at a constant framerate.  Importing from the media browser did not solve the issue, nor did using Media Encoder.  The exported file still glitched and skipped back to the beginning of the video about halfway through while playing the audio file from beginning to end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there - I just wanted to say thanks Winterhoof_Art for your Handbrake suggestion. I am, at best, an amateur editor and I don't have an advanced understanding of many things in the editing process. I am doing a tribute video for my sister-in-law's colleague and the very last video greeting I needed to add was stuttering. I was freaking out, but I downloaded Handbrake and problem solved! Thank you sooooo much for sharing your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for this Handbrake suggestion. 
I was experiencing a similar thing. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. It was driving me mad. So glad I found your suggestion. Handbrake and Winterhoof_Art saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue actually and I've tried absolutely everything. I've reimported the clip a million different ways, I've rendered it, seems to not work whatsoever. It even plays glitchy in the preview source panel window before adding to my timeline. I just uninstalled the newest version hoping that an older version will help. But I'm concerned because I created this project in a newer version, I will be unable to open it in an old one. This is frustrating. My deadline is just in a few hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Handbrake? It's a converting software - you can download it for free. Just put your clip through there and export it to the standard you are using in the edit - even if it was the same as the source was originally. Solved my problem 100%. Good luck - I've been there, freak out and all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free and excellent utility app HandBrake is highly recommmended around here. I've seen colorists do extensive tests, and prefer that app's H.264 encoding over fffmpeg. It is also the best option for converting variable frame-rate media to constant ... VFR to CFR.

Another free utility app is very useful, it's MediaInfo and after installing, you simply drag/drop a file from finder/explorer onto its icon on the desktop. It opens, you go to Tree View, and you get a full listing of the media information for that file, as below. This is a quick way to say find if a file is VFR or CFR.

Neil

MediaInfo TreeView.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this what you experienced? I'm still trying to figure out why mine is stuttering on video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines