Highlighted

Video Transitions - Increasing length not working

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am new to editing and have managed to cope well so far with the lbarynth of features that make up Adobe Premiere.

I have hit a brick wall however... When I try to extend the length of a pre-set Video Transition (eg Barn Doors), the effect no longer works and causes the screen to flicker and jump around all over the place.

I have watched numerous YouTube videos online where no one seems to have this issue. Theirs seems to work as desired and they are able to extend the length of the effect.

Any help really really really apprecaited...

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video Transitions - Increasing length not working

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am new to editing and have managed to cope well so far with the lbarynth of features that make up Adobe Premiere.

I have hit a brick wall however... When I try to extend the length of a pre-set Video Transition (eg Barn Doors), the effect no longer works and causes the screen to flicker and jump around all over the place.

I have watched numerous YouTube videos online where no one seems to have this issue. Theirs seems to work as desired and they are able to extend the length of the effect.

Any help really really really apprecaited...

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing Enter to render the timeline to turn the red bar above the timeline to green.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck on your first sentance. You've chosen an uncommon word, is it 'labyrinth' you meant? It may be best to keep it simple.

Transitions work by having available frames under the transition. So, if you drop two clips on the timeline you can't add a transition to them unless they have been cut from full width / length. So, if you cut out say 10 seconds in the middle of the two 20sec clips, put them together and then add the transition and try lengthening it - does that work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1