Highlighted

Video Transitions messing with underlying layer opacity

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using video transitions to move between sequences. The appearance of the sequence is different during the transition versus before or after the transition.

Each sequence has a photo at the bottom, two partially transparent color layers on top of that, and an MOV file with alpha channel on top of that.

MOV with ALPHA

Color Gradient (75% opacity)

White Color Matte (50% opacity)

Photo

When using ANY video transition, the alpha values of the two intermediate layers are changed during the transition. (I think.) I’m attaching some screen captures to show the contrast between the sequence as it is normally, and as it is during the transition.

transition-compare-1.jpgtransition-compare-2.jpg

transitions_loop.gif

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video Transitions messing with underlying layer opacity

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using video transitions to move between sequences. The appearance of the sequence is different during the transition versus before or after the transition.

Each sequence has a photo at the bottom, two partially transparent color layers on top of that, and an MOV file with alpha channel on top of that.

MOV with ALPHA

Color Gradient (75% opacity)

White Color Matte (50% opacity)

Photo

When using ANY video transition, the alpha values of the two intermediate layers are changed during the transition. (I think.) I’m attaching some screen captures to show the contrast between the sequence as it is normally, and as it is during the transition.

transition-compare-1.jpgtransition-compare-2.jpg

transitions_loop.gif

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to get around this problem by creating gradients and white mattes in Photoshop with the transparency baked in, then saving them as PNG files. This way Premiere doesn't have to calculate the layer transparency on the fly. It doesn't work. Transistions do the same (dang) thing. I am at a loss as to how to solve this problem or work around it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0