• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video viewer goes black when moving a clip

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to make a montage and im trying to sync a certain point on the clip to a certain point in a song, I am trying to move the clip and use the viewer to see where I move the clip onto the music so they sync, but it is really hard because whenever I move the clip, it goes black and I cant see how to sync it. Also I havent used premiere in a while and I had a shortcut before where I hold control and use [] or something to cut to the left or the right of the playhead, but I cant remember it.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold alt and hit left or right arrow. That will nudge the clip 1 frame at a time. Add Shift to go 5 by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcut issue can be solved if you customize your shortcuts again the way you like in premiere or you can check the default shortcuts in this link 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

and regarding the video and the sync issue ... just mark the place you want to move this video in the song by pressing M when you click on the soundtrack in the timeline

or press C and cut the track without moving anything  in the exact place where you want to place the video and please make sure that the magnetic tool is turned on in the timeline settings in both cases then move the video to the marked point it will be in the exact place that you want.

On another note please check if you have the latest version of premiere pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never changed my shortcuts I was just wondering what the shortcut was to cut the left or right of the playhead on the selected clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ripple Trim is Q and W by default - sorry I didn't see the word "cut" up in your OP. I thought you were just talking about moving the clip.

You can also select the edge of a clip and click 'E' for extend edit to playhead, which can be helpful. If the edit point is between two clips you can use the Rolling Edit Tool 'N' to select the edit point and then click 'E'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use after effects, im not sure but i mightve been mixing it up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having a problem with ripple trim, when i try to cut a clip and i only have the clip selected, it will still cut the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind i figured out i can just lock the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's where ripple editing can be problematic. It gets a bit trickier when you have multiple layers. You either need to lock the tracks you don't want affected, or use the sync-lock button:

PhillipJoseph_0-1596075378803.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines