• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video will not export in high quality!

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this problem before. My edited video was digitalized from hi-8 tapes. Please don't ask why, I just like recording on old-school cameras. Anyways. I'm guessing it's saving low quality because of the length? It's an interview that's 56 minutes long. The pictures and title after exporting are in such terrible quality. I usually save them on QuickTime and that's that they look great. Not this time. I tried the same thing at first, but it then saved to 89 gbs! So then I tried the h.264 format in hi-bitrate preset, then YouTube 480 sd preset, and then the high quality 480 sd preset. I also maximized the bitrates, matched sources, etc. I'm hopeless! Premier pro customer service is useless. They can't understand me, don't know, and take forever. Help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the frame-size of the digitalized media? 720x480, what?

What is the frame-size of your sequence, and also of your export? Resolution is all about frame-size.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The original format outside of premier pro of my video is 640x480. Like I mentioned above, I'd usually export my videos with QuickTime but this is a much longer one that exported not as good with QT (89 gb of a file size is absolutely INSANE). So I'd like to know what format to export it on so that the quality would still come out the same but not as big of a file size.

After the QuickTime export, I tried exporting it in h.246 format with the preset of YouTube 480 SD. Still poor quality. Then I tried h.246 format in the preset of "high quality 480p", still poor quality. I also tried with the preset of "high bitrate" and same thing. Finally I left the preset at custom and tried exporting in two different ways. One with putting the bitrate at its maximum, and then one with "matching the source" (all with the h.264 format in the format list of options). So... how else can I properly export this? I don't want to shorten the length of the video... and I'm not sure why with all of the options I tried it still comes out poor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame size is still the same once I started editing in premier pro (640x480). Shall I change the frame size in sequence settings to match one of the exporting formats better? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

640x480 vertical 4:3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to set it to "match source adaptive high bitrate" or YouTube 1080 HD and then just change the frame size back down to your source size. One of those should work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to specify so should I change my frame size to something else first other than what it is which is 650x480? And if so then what size? And then try one or the other way you mentioned to export? 

because I exported the first way so far (match source adaptive high bitrate) without changing the size yet and it still comes out in poor quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

640* 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-8 is 400 X 480 or even 440 X 480 if it is extended Hi-8. Your capture device should have converted it to 720 X 480 (NTSC). If it is only 640 X 480 the image quality is already poor. Premiere Pro can get decent image quality from Hi-8 and even VHS (200 X 480). I dont use 720 X 480 sequences. I drop the SD video files into a 1920 X 1080 sequnce and scale up 50% to 80 %. It is best to render at 60P. Below is a video that might be of some interest.

https://youtu.be/dVLUxRkPMdA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice video, Andy. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines