Highlighted

Video with only a still image takes forever to export

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a podcast that I also upload to a youtube channel with a single still image in the video track. Exporting the media takes forever. I use the YouTube 4k setting because the image is that resolution and it might as well be full-res. Considering it's literally one frame, why does it take an hour to make a 30-minute video with zero motion? And more to the point, is there a shortcut to a faster export that will give basically the same results?

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video with only a still image takes forever to export

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a podcast that I also upload to a youtube channel with a single still image in the video track. Exporting the media takes forever. I use the YouTube 4k setting because the image is that resolution and it might as well be full-res. Considering it's literally one frame, why does it take an hour to make a 30-minute video with zero motion? And more to the point, is there a shortcut to a faster export that will give basically the same results?

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what gfx are you using? is it an intel integrated or other?

did you try to switch renderers from project settings?

can you please share your timeline? and your image specs?

are you using any plugins, lumetri or other effects on the image?

is there anything other than the image on your timeline that is being exported?

are your export settings the same as your sequence settings, which are the image dimensions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Past  Carlos's queries, which 'we' need to know to be able to offer intelligent advice ... make sure both 'max depth' and 'max render quality' are not checked, as they will do nothing to help that export.

And make sure you're using only single-pass VBR ... variable bit-rate, also. Again, CBR would just waste time.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1