Highlighted

Video won't preview after v12.1.0 update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Premiere pro CC last Friday, video preview just stop working. The frame stays frozen no mater what i do. The only way to have some kind of video preview is to drag the needle across the timeline, but if you press the space bar or click the play button anywhere (program monitor or source) the video stays frozen and the needle wont' move (Even though the 'play' icon changes to 'stop' icon).

I tried reinstalling, cleaning cache, opening a new project, using different kind of files but none of this has worked.

I'm curently working with an older premiere version (cc2017) but i really need to go back to cc2018 to continue other projects which are linked with After Effects cc2018.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Licenca,

"if you press the space bar or click the play button anywhere (program monitor or source) the video stays frozen and the needle wont' move (Even though the 'play' icon changes to 'stop' icon)."

Thanks for all the information and as you mentioned the above scenario in your first post, it seems that the problem is with the Audio Hardware. Please go to Sounds>Playback and check the playback device highlighted and do the same with he recording devices.

Try to change it to Speakers/Headphones (Internal device and disable any external one.

Then launch Premiere Pro and go to Edit menu>Preferences>Audio Hardware and check if Device class is set to MME, Default Input and output areset to the device you chose from Sound. Also, go to Windows menu in Premiere Pro>Workspace, unselect import workspace from projects option and reset the workspace to saved layouts.

Hope this helps.

//Vinay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video won't preview after v12.1.0 update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Premiere pro CC last Friday, video preview just stop working. The frame stays frozen no mater what i do. The only way to have some kind of video preview is to drag the needle across the timeline, but if you press the space bar or click the play button anywhere (program monitor or source) the video stays frozen and the needle wont' move (Even though the 'play' icon changes to 'stop' icon).

I tried reinstalling, cleaning cache, opening a new project, using different kind of files but none of this has worked.

I'm curently working with an older premiere version (cc2017) but i really need to go back to cc2018 to continue other projects which are linked with After Effects cc2018.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Licenca,

"if you press the space bar or click the play button anywhere (program monitor or source) the video stays frozen and the needle wont' move (Even though the 'play' icon changes to 'stop' icon)."

Thanks for all the information and as you mentioned the above scenario in your first post, it seems that the problem is with the Audio Hardware. Please go to Sounds>Playback and check the playback device highlighted and do the same with he recording devices.

Try to change it to Speakers/Headphones (Internal device and disable any external one.

Then launch Premiere Pro and go to Edit menu>Preferences>Audio Hardware and check if Device class is set to MME, Default Input and output areset to the device you chose from Sound. Also, go to Windows menu in Premiere Pro>Workspace, unselect import workspace from projects option and reset the workspace to saved layouts.

Hope this helps.

//Vinay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the guide below to post up the details.

How To Ask For Help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMPUTER INFO

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4
  • Installed memory: 16 GB
  • System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
  • Motherboard: Dell 0vhxcd
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

HARD DRIVE INFO

• SSD Liteon l8h-256gb for System and Softwares

• HDD Toshiba DT01ACA200-2tb for files

PROJECT INFO

• Premiere Version: Premiere Pro CCv12.0
  • Footage: H264
  • TRT of timeline: two minutes
  • Current project file size: 30kb

FAILED FIX ATTEMPTS

• Removed all video effects
  • Switched from GPU Mercury playback to CPU
  • Switched RAM from Performance to Memory
  • Created blank new project and imported entire old project
  • Rolled back to earlier graphics card driver
  • Uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled
  • Cleared the media cache folders using the Clean button in Media Preferences. Also went to the cache folders and deleted them because Premiere didn't get rid of everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Licenca,

Hope this helps.

//Vinay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem with After Effects and tried the fix you suggested but settings are all correct. Do you have any further advice on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

The Program and the source monitors are black with no preview or as you click the play button it doesn't change to pause and CTI doesn't moves. I might require a screenshot of Audio Setting in Sounds>Playback and also the setting in Audio and Audio Hardware selected in Edit>Preferences.

//Vinay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue after buying some wireless headphones yesterday. Tried the above fix to no avail. Can anyone help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having what seems to be the same problem on Premiere Pro CC on my Macbook.

My other projects work fine, but when I open this big project I am working on (over an hour long), it does not play or do anything when I press the space bar or the play button.

When I double click on a clip in the timeline, I get the spinning rainbow wheel of death EVERY TIME and then I have no choice but to force quit and I will include here a screenshot of the message I get every time after I am forced to force quit:Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 6.20.44 PM.png

I tried restarting my computer. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere. And NOTHING WORKS. The same problem persists.

As for the suggestion by Vinay Dwivedi: "Then launch Premiere Pro and go to Edit menu>Preferences>Audio Hardware and check if Device class is set to MME, Default Input and output areset to the device you chose from Sound. Also, go to Windows menu in Premiere Pro>Workspace, unselect import workspace from projects option and reset the workspace to saved layouts."

That doesn't work for me...^^^ MME isn't even an option for "Device Class" in Audio Hardware...

I don't think this is an audio problem. It seems to be a playback problem with the timeline, potentially due to my project being very long and complicated.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!! I am on a deadline!!!

-Benjamin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same problem. Also tried all of the above and nothing is working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Even though the issue had nothing to do with audio. My space bar and keyboard shortcuts were not working in the program panel or source panel in Premiere Pro. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere. For some reason, following the steps of changing my audio hardware and then unselecting the "import workspace from projects" option in the workspaces menu fixed the issue. I am not smart enough to understand why that works, but it did. Thank you Vinay_D_

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was for the latest version of Adobe Premiere 14.5 released in October 2020, just fyi.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0