Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos stutter after import

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

Recently i've come across a problem with imported videos. Some of the vidoes i want to edit started to stutter once they were imported into Adobe Premiere 2020, although they play seemlessly otherwise. Which of the videos start to stutter after imprort seems to be completely random - some do and some don't. 

The videos i work with are very short (only a few seconds long) and my computer should be able to cope with playing the videos easily (i checked RAM, main memory and my graphics board and all of them should be fine). I also checked whether Adobe had been updated to the newest standard and i should be finde with regards to that as well. Rendering all the videos before replaying them also does not seem to make a difference. 

I'd love to hear any advice you've got - Thanks 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download
Does your video use a Variable Frame Rate? See https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Variable-frame-rate-video-with-Premiere-Pro/td-p/4601935
If yes, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, and sorry.
Here is some more info on the project and videos:

• Premiere Pro 2020 Version 14.1 on a macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.7
  • More info on the Mac:
    • processor 3.2 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    • storage 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR 3
    • start volume Macintosh HD
    • Graphic card AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB
  • the problem occures for what seem to be random videos, but only once they are imported into Premiere. Then the preview and the final output are stuttering.
  • I am not running any other software at the same time
  • there are no third-party effects or codecs installed
  • Yes, the videos have a variable frame rate. But the videos that did work and didn't stutter (neither in the preview nor in the final output) also had a variable frame rate. I will try to convert them and see if that makes a difference.
  • Here are the codec details for one of the files that doesn't work: 
  •  
  • defaultdp6ygkysuogd_0-1621329044915.png

•  
  • here are the codec details for one of the files that does work: 
  •  
  • defaultdp6ygkysuogd_1-1621329144428.png

Do you need more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting the Frame rate with handbrake seems to have done the job.

Great! Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines