Voice-Over Issue - Resonance (Constant Audio Gain)

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I am having an issue while making a voice-over recording in Premiere Pro CC and hope someone knows how to fix it? 

So after clicking on the "voice-over record" button in the workspace, and waiting for the countdown as I start speaking to the microphone the speakers start getting louder and louder to the point that I have to break the recording just a few seconds after. It looks as if the gain was going higher and higher as I speak. 

I have muted all my audio tracks but the issue keeps happening. Have tried with different microphones too and no luck at all. 

The only way to work this around is to mute my speakers completely but then I have to keep mute/unmute them all the time which is kind of annoying. 

Has someone had this issue before and knows how to fix it? 

Attached is a screenshot of the resulting waveform. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020
If you are going to do a voice-over with a live mic, you must either have your speakers muted or use headphones. Period.   Neil

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are going to do a voice-over with a live mic, you must either have your speakers muted or use headphones. Period.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! 🙂 I guess I will use headphones then from now on - thanks a lot for the quick reply!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines