• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vr projection introduces blurriness

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• i have a rectilinear stereoscopic sbs video that covers a field of view of ~90°.
  • i want to view it as a vr180 video outside of youtube.
  • what i do is this: i use the effect vr projection on the sequence, which treats it like a projection in another video. therefor i set the vr properties of the video to 180° horizontally/vertically stereoscopic left-right and set the custom vr properties of the projection to 90° horizontally/vertically stereo sbs.
  • since the vr sphere has double the fov of the projection, i also double the resolution so that my projection doesn't get downscaled. that's important: i don't want to scale it down, i want the best quality possible. but after changing the resolution, the picture gets slightly blurry. it's still PAR 1,0 and aspect ratio 16:9, also it's not upscaling since my 90° projection in the middle of the vr180 sphere still should be 1920x1080. what did i do wrong, and is there a way to keep the sharpness of the original?
  • on a sidenote: changing the disparity adjustment in the vr projection effect further increases the blurriness. is there a better way to accommodate for bad eye alignment in stereoscopic images?
TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if I completely understand but as you're increasing the available field of view by double then the original footage must scale up by double to match that.. no? Maybe I'm not quite understanding, but I want to! Sounds interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines