VR Stereoscopic Video (Over/Under) Workflow -Scale down in Premier Pro

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all my specs

Alienware Area 51m R1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K  9. Generation (8 Core, 16MB Cache, bup to  5,0Ghz withTurbo Boost

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-Processoretiket

64GB 4x16GB DDR4-2400MHz

PCIe-M.2-SSD mit 256 GB + Hybrid-Festplatte mit 1 TB (+ 8-GB-SSHD)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Samsung 980 Pro NVMe vs Samsung 980 Pro ssd

HTC VIVE PRO

Ok so im trying to find the best workflow for a VR stereo motion graphics video. Ive been going between playability and resolution back and forth, rendering thousands of clips to find the perfect Settings.

As for now I create all in aftereffects in a 32bit composition, rendering out Stereo 8K in quicktime pro Res 4444 16 bit with alpha 60fps. As you can imagine this are huge files and now im trying to edit and export as h264. If I render with 8k and 60fps neither the steam nor the goproplayer will play the video properly. If I go down on 6k and 30fps it barely can play, but the resolution doesn't look crisp. 

What settings, codec would you use and wich player for the HTC vive pro is suitable?

Also if I scale the stereo video in premiere and I render it out as a stereo file it doesnt recognize it in the player anymore.

Thanks so much for any help 

Ive been testing now for over two months with no solution.

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Hardware or GPU, How to, Import, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?