• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to continue project on new computer but??

Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made use of project manager and made sure I sent a copy to my new computer... I can open my project and work on it everything is there, but the one thing that annoys me is that the peak files are being generated in the same disk location on computer! I have a special disk dedicated to cache&scratch and the cache is fine it does save the files there... but the peak files all keep loading in the same location as my project&media. is there anyway too fix this?? I made sure in project settings that all the scratch is saved on my special disk and restarted premiere after but nope... peak files still loading in same location.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

UncheckSaveCacheFilesNextToMedia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there anyway too fix this??

Yes, go to Edit > Preferences > Media Cache and change the location of Media Cache Files to your dedicated disk. Change Media Cache Database while you are there as well.

Now, close Premiere Pro and go to the location were they first was created and delete those files manually. Launch Premiere Pro and open the project again. This time new peak files are generated but will this time be placed on the disk you specifyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this!! but still it will save the peak files on the same disk??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UncheckSaveCacheFilesNextToMedia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! thank you so much... was so simple but overlooked it haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines