• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanting to Create Just Drawing Layer on top of Recorded Video

Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an IPad Pro with the pencil and I want to add an annotation layer to a video I created with Premiere.  I'm thinking the workflow is that I want to be able to play the video on my IPad Pro and as it's playing circle things, put up graphics, add arrows, etc.  Then, after I'm doing, export my drawing artifacts as vectors so that I can drop that on my Adobe Premiere Time line and edit from there what is necessary.

Is Adobe Illustrator Draw (Mobile App) the right product for this? I can't find any docs on it or examples.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Draw is definitely not the app you need. Problem is... I don't know which app might work for you. Would you like me to move your post to the Premiere forum? Perhaps someone there can be of more help?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but don't think premiere has anything like that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter.

No but they might know a tool you can use... certainly better than I will.

It can't hurt to give it a try. I'll go ahead and move it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as it's playing circle things, put up graphics, add arrows, etc.

Everything you are asking to do is easy in Premiere Pro...but not "on the fly".

Why does it need to be done that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used titles quite a bit with PR to do things like at a box around some text which works fine, but I've not seen a way to add animations like "circling something" or drawing an arrow in real time pointing at something as I'm talking.   That is, the kind of thing a "Telestrator?" does.  I've added animation to  arrows moving around the screen as I talk about different things but it's a time consuming process (the best way I know) to add animations of things like arrows (and error prone).  The way I do it is with keyframes.

Is there an easy way to add things like real time drawing as I'm talking in the clip?  That is, in the short clip here, I want to draw a circle around the words ASP.NET and do a strike through across the center.  The effect I want is drawing the circle by hand, not just put up a circle, then put up a line through it.

Dropbox - realtimecircle.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt there is any easier way than animating the graphics.

Write On is an effect you might want to explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effect may be a better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is wanting to get closer to realtime...not further away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of third party (telestream-esque) apps you might try out that will allow you to draw animated finger recordings over your video.  You'd probably have to run multiple steps to get your video post production done tho.

1. shoot

2. telestrate

3. save animated finger path videos

4. edit results.

While it's probably a little faster than animating through After Effects, you won't get the quality you might be hoping for.

I haven't seen any mobile options for live streaming / illustration over video / recording.

*One of my first jobs was painting on a GrassValley broadcast box and Quantel rig.  It'd be fun to see those tools on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love this reply! I use to use 1980's GrassValley  devices for video art at CalArts. I was obsessed!  There is nothing quite like creating in realtime. I hope Premier (which I only just started using this year) can incorpirate  some of the truly advance realtime technolgies we are seeing in "silly"selfie IOS apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines