Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wanting to duplicate sequences to make seperate changes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating a slideshow and want to duplicate the sequences but everytime I do the; Hold Alt/Option key & Drag it duplicates them but still makes changes on both.

What am I doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both your screen grabs show the same sequence "Final". So what is it you are trying to show here?

Duplicate your sequence in your project window, give one of them a different name, change something in one of them and then have a look whether that change really also appears in the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both your screen grabs show the same sequence "Final". So what is it you are trying to show here?

Duplicate your sequence in your project window, give one of them a different name, change something in one of them and then have a look whether that change really also appears in the other.

By @Markerbox Man

Yes, as I would like to use the same sequence but I guess this is the answer to my problem 🙂

I wasn't aware I needed to change the names in order for it not to change the other sequence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if I'm understanding your problem correctly, but I think the issue is that all your "Scene" clips are nested sequences. When you make a change inside a nested sequence, that change will be applied as well in every clip you have of that sequence. Basically, when you duplicate or drag a nested sequence to the timeline, they are not individual clips, they are the same sequence used in different places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines