• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer Bug in CC 2020?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take a 4K clip and drop it on a 1080p sequence and then stabilize it, it allows you to stabilize now without nesting. Okay, great. But if you modify>interpret footage to change the frame rate of that 4K clip (eg. from 29.97 to 23.976fps) and then Set to Frame Size and then stabilize that clip...when you hit play it pushes the clip up to the upper 1/4 of the screen. Hit pause and it goes normal filling the whole screen. Play again and it jumps to a PIP in upper right. Annoying.

Is this a bug?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. This happens to me when I use warp stabilizer on 4k footage that has been resized to fit a 1080p timeline. Any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. Please post that over on the UserVoice system so it goes directly to the engineers. Include your computer specs, the media you're working with, any effects used and such so they get a detailed full set of information.

After doing so, post back to this thread with a link to your UserVoice post. It would be nice if the others seeing this then went over there and added their votes to the issue and their data in comments.

This forum is primarily user-to-user "peer" support. That system doth go directly to the engineers ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help and the insight. I posted the issue to that forum. 

Here is the link --> https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41509717-warp-stabilizer-bu...

Go leave your feedback there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue here. A temporary solution that works for me till they'll fix it - just apply a small rotation on the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue...very annoying.

I couldn't fix it with small rotation like this post's reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're trying to do an awful lot for one single clip.  First, have you tried rendering it?  If the problem persists, I'd try and interpret the footage at the new frame rate and then export it so the clip is natively 24p and then see if the same thing happens.   You might also apply the warp stabilizer to the native 24p clip in a 4K timeline.  Can't remember what the settings would be, but so it doesn't crop or resize the image and the drop the sequence into your 1080 sequence and reposition so the borders don't show.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I didn't mean to be judgemental, just trying to figure out a way to get you over the hump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found simple solution...just do 'Render In to Out' and now problem solved..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 4K in a 1080 timeline - The Render In to Out is a frustrating work around but this wasn't previously an issue so there is a bug there for sure!

Please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, super annoying that it's still here. I experience this and also occasional black frames which also is a noted issue in the forums with stabilized clips (and it actually will stop an export and throw AME errors). Anyway, as suggested by the user above who linked to the User Voice link where you can VOTE THIS ISSUE UP...adding a ".1" to the scale of the 4k clip in the effects controls panel fixes it. But still...it's a bug.

Can't believe Premiere has bugs. #sarcasm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, heres a temporary solution. First increase the speed and then nest the clip - then add warp stabilizer and it will centre the video again. However, I experienced a lot of warping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I just tried while searching for a solution for this - turn on 'High Quality Playback'. Go to the wrench icon bottom right of the program monitor, and make sure high quality playback is checked on.

It fixed it instantly for me - curious if  others have similar results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. 

Another solution is after you apply warp, Change to Scale to Fit and set scale to 100%..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for your feedback.  Helps others experiencing the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines