• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp stabilizer crashing Premeire 2020

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Warp stabilizer crashes Premiere Peo 2020 as I apply the effect. Try it at After Effects and it does not analyse the footage. Anybody Knows what is going on?

Thanks a lot

Fernando Alves
Editor
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what format is your source clip (pixel dimensions, frame rate and codec)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! It's driving me nuts. It crashes, I restart Premiere, everything is okay and when applying the effect it crashes (not always and not on the same clip, which makes it very frustrating).

I'm editing on a Mac Pro (late 2013) with Premiere Pro 14.0.0 (Build 572) with footage shot from a cheap JVC camcorder:

MPEG Movie
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 25,00
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: AVCHD H.264 4:2:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Pro Res Proxy

Image size 1920x1080

Frame Rate 23,976

Aspect ratio 1,0

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to project settings - general - renderer

do you have GPU acceleration enabled? if you are on software only you will have to update

your GPU driver from the vendor's site. After Effects seems to be on software only rendering as well..

warp stabilizer requires GPU acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlos,

"do you have GPU acceleration enabled?"

Yes, I do. 

My GPU is a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX VEGA56 Gaming OC 8

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 19.09.18.png

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing as me, i need some help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, adding warp stabilizer to 4K ProRes HQ footage tends to cause damage to the project which at first isn't obvious. But when exporting, goes slow and crashes to the extent that the computer either locks up with wheel of doom, or it will completely shet down.

I'm using a very top end MacBook Pro 2020. Hardware accelerated graphics, 32GB memory, USBc Drives etc. All is fine and very fast until adding a Warp Stabilizer filter.

The answer probably is, don't use the Warp Stabilizer filter until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here since a week now, ll was working well before... i don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution posted yeat?

When I apply Warp Stabelizer to a Nest, (a clip I slowed down), PrePro 15.4.7 crashes.

Clip Info:
MP4 - HLG2 - Rec709
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 60,00

Laptop:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

32.0 GB Ram

Niv 2070 Graphics

PP settings:
Screenshot 2021-10-16 152151.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try converting to a high quality prores format before applying the warp-stabilizer.  Make sense that an mpeg file might be more challenging for a system.  And what happens if you apply the warp stabilizer inside the nest and then apply the speed change to the containing nest.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue on me.

Premiere 14.0.1 Build 71

Windows 10 

GPU: RTX 2080Ti

CPU: i9-9900

fear6zero_0-1652805576672.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least it's just crashing only the software.  My macbook pro with the max chip will sieze up, and after about 20 seconds of being unable to even move the cursor, my entire system forces itself to restart.  It's 4k footage but it's also just a 3 seconds long.  After my 5th attempt I got sick of trying and gave up.  I can understand the software crashes but I haven't experienced my system crashing this easily since I was using 3D applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I now realise that my Macbook Pro processors were over heating when pushed to render OR export un-rendered UHD ProRes HQ sequences that contained warp stabilizer, LUT and colour grade. This was on 30 minute or so sequences. It might have got ten minutes or so along the sequence before the Macbook Pro graphics processor would suddenly give up followed immediately by the whole Mac crash shut down. If this happened, the project would be severely damaged, so I'd have to go back to the most recently auto saved project and try again.

I was using Mac OS Catalina (vs 10.15) at the time. Since updating to later OS versions and also raising the Macbook Pro up onto a couple of rubber blocks, so air can circulate underneath it, I haven't experienced this problem again.

Anyway, my thinking with this is that it was an Apple problem, not a Premiere Pro problem. Maybe the processors were being pushed to be too fast for the cooling capability of the macbook Pro? Since updating the OS and phsically raising the computer to give better ventilation, I've been editing a lot of complex UHD ProRes HQ footage with warp stabilizer plus heaps more filters, grading,  LUTs etc and this problem hasn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great post.  Nice to see people realizing that everything's not Adobe's fault...  You might look at one of these

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=%20laptop%20stand%20with%20fans&sort=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH

It amazes me how many people never touch their computers and realize that maybe they could fry an egg on them.  (this is the voice of experience speaking).  FWIW, my entry level first generation macstudio is always cool as a cucumber...  upgraded from a 2012 macbookpro which scared me with how hot it ran...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problems since a few weeks randomly in some projects and in some not. I don't think it is a computer issue since premiere (latest version) is running on a 2023 Mac M2 with the latest OS version and while rendering the fan isn't even starting. 

It's a frustrating issue, because it doesn't help to delete the substance stabilizer for the clip which is marked in the error text file. The only solution I found is to delete all substance stabilizer effects in the sequence. 

Clip Info:
H.264 
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 50,00

Laptop:

Apple M2 Max Chip, 12Core CPU, 64 GB (On-Board), 1TB SSD, 38Core GPU

Niv 2070 Graphics

Bildschirm­foto 2024-02-13 um 11.17.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously suggest you transcode your source clip(s) to an all iframe format like prores before applying the warp stabilizer.   Happy to explain my thinking in detail if you wish...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Ok sounds intresting, and it would be nice to hear this in details, since I didn't find a solution yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h264 is a compressed format in which the information for each frame except the i-frames is incomplete but the editing program/playback device reconstitutes those from the information on the adjoining frames.   WarpStabilizer has to analyze each frame to attempt to stabilize each frame in relation to previous and following frames...  So asking the system to do this with h264 material may be over taxing your system.  
An all I-Frame format means each frame is discreet and complete so this process should make lesser demands on your system.  So worth a shot as part of the troubleshooting process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems I had with warp stabilizer were all while working on Iframe footage. But since ensuring the MacBook Pro is kept cool I've never had another crash. That said, warp stabilizer is one of the most processor heavy effects there is. So add mpg footage as well and you're asking a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so far I have always understood transcoding as a help for the editing process, e.g. if the footage is too heavy. What I don't understand is to what extent it helps me for the export if I want to export the project in high quality (4K). Or am I missing something and transcoding does not necessarily have to lower the export quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format you expert to after you've done with editing isn't an issue. It's the format of the material you're editing with that should be an iframe format. So if you're camera rushes were mpg4, first convert them all into an iframe format using ME. I'm using a Mac so for me it's ProRes. The files will be big if you're working in 4K so beware. Use that footage to edit your video. Warp Stabilizer should find it much less of a stress to work with and your system hopefully won't crash. Set your render setting and sequence to be the same format as your chosen iframe format. When you've finished your edit, render it.  You can then simply export to any format you like. I tend to export a master at the same ProRes format I've been editing with so I have a best possible quality master. Then I use that through ME to make mpg4 versions for uploading etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks for the Explanation. Is there a possibility to transcode files for a nearly finished edit? If not does it mean I need to transcode the clips and start the editing from scratch? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you applying warp stabilizer to all the clips in the timeline?   If so, you can use file: project manager to "consolidate and transcode."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately transcoding didn't help for me, but deleting the warp stabilizer on the clips and nesting each clip individually and applying the stabilizer on the nested clip. Glad I found a solution after weeks of pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines