Highlighted

Warp Stabilizer doesn't use GPU (Davinci does)

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Could we expect Adobe to change this any time soon please? I tried the free vertion of Davinci Resolve and it does use GPU to stabilize... So if I can do it using the same PC (same hardware, different software), I may conclude this is a matter of Adobes strategy or policy choice, not an architectural limitation.

Warp Stabilizer is very usefull and efficient to remove drone (thin) vibrations. It does a great job on that, and nowadays "everyone" has a drone! So I am wondering why Adobe doesn't put efforts to change this situation. I would say that many thousands of people like me, would be so pleased to use GPU on that.

Thanks for your attention and your time.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 5GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Warp Stabilizer doesn't use GPU (Davinci does)

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Could we expect Adobe to change this any time soon please? I tried the free vertion of Davinci Resolve and it does use GPU to stabilize... So if I can do it using the same PC (same hardware, different software), I may conclude this is a matter of Adobes strategy or policy choice, not an architectural limitation.

Warp Stabilizer is very usefull and efficient to remove drone (thin) vibrations. It does a great job on that, and nowadays "everyone" has a drone! So I am wondering why Adobe doesn't put efforts to change this situation. I would say that many thousands of people like me, would be so pleased to use GPU on that.

Thanks for your attention and your time.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 5GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot compaire the two nle's. Premiere works different under the hood to DR,

Analyzing is done on the cpu, stabilizing is done on the gpu.

The whole idea is to keep editing while WS works in the background.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0