• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer filter causes permenant damage to Prmiere Pro project

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding warp stabilizer  filter to a clip in a sequence (4K ProRes HQ footage on a 4K ProRes HQ sequence) tends to cause perminant damage to the project. At first isn't obvious there's been a problem. When exporting later, it goes very slow and then crashes to the extent that the computer either locks up with wheel of doom, or it will completely shut down.

I'm using a very top end MacBook Pro 2020. Hardware acceleration, 32GB memory, USBc Drives etc. All is fine and very fast until adding a Warp Stabilizer filter.

Anyone come across this problem?

Maybe the answer probably is, don't use the Warp Stabilizer filter until the bug is fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies,

Too much haste on my part. Thanks for moving it for me.

Steve Hills

Steve Hills
Managing Director

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about "permanent damage to Premiere Pro project"? I don't any info about that in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp is probably the heaviest effect in Premiere Pro. And if any other effects are used on a clip with Warp on it, there can be problems.

So it's often best to 'finish' the Warp settings, and render/replace to a new clip of media of a good intermediate quality like ProRes422 or similar. Then continue the editing applying other effects to that replaced clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I think you're probably right. This is after all UHD ProRes HQ material so massive files. What has been happening is that if I apply a warp stabiliser filter to a clip, I don't get the usual message across the clip that says analizing in background at all. Once it's in that state, the damage to the project appears to have been done. Best to delete that project and go back to a latest auto archived project and work with that but forget warp stabiliser. I've never had problems before but have only worked in HD with warp stabiliser and it's always been fantastic.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the data for the entire Warp Stabilizer filter effect is stored in the project. And it makes the projects huge. So, I almost always use the Warp filter effect in AE and then export out a Cineform or ProRes intermediate. PP runs better and the project files stay reasonable in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp on UHD ProRes HQ files ... um, yea, that's a load and a half!

There are some things like Warp and video denoising that are best done and rendered to replace. Stacking a clip with Warp, Lumetri, and Neat Video is simply asking for a choke at export time. And probably for playback also.

For that sort of thing, doing Warp or Neat, then R&R. Then maybe Lumetri and nest before applying Neat. Or ... before Warp, run Neat, R&R. Run Warp, R&R. You can use a high-Q codec to keep losses to zero, and the resultant project will run a lot better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, it makes perfect sense. Dealing with such large files will inevitably come with some issues.

All clips already have a LUT and Lumetri grade applied to them, so I guess adding a heavyweight effect like warp stabiliser pushes things too far. As there are only a handfull of clips out of 40 mins worth of material it's not a big problem to bounce them to AE and do the stabilising there leaving the Premere project not over burdened.

I'll give that a try.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines