• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer - GPU Acceleration not working?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i got the newest version of Premiere Pro CC. I got a NVIDIA Quadro K2000D and also tested a MSI Geforce GTX 1070. With both graphic cards Adobe needs around 15 minutes to analyze about 4200 Frames of a 4K clip. When i take a look at the GPU usage, i can see, that the GPU is not uses (only 3 %...) Is this the reason why it takes so long to stabilize via warp stabilizer? Or what ist the problem? I think i can remember 1 year ago there was not such a long waiting time for analyzing and stabilizing??? thank you. My System:

Intel i7 - 3930K - 3,20 Ghz

32 GB RAM

64 Bit System Windows 10 Pro

NVIDIA QUADRO K2000D  / MSI Geforce GTX 1070

Hope that someone can help me

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Try rolling back to a previous Premiere Pro version, is the stabilizing faster ?

If yes, then it is the latest pp update and GPU acceleration does not work

perfectly with your current CPU generation.

There might be other issues as well, maybe you have to update your GPU driver,

try this before rolling back to previous versions if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to go to Project Settings - General - Renderer

switch it to Mercury Playback GPU acceleration, seems like it is software only

Your CPU seems to me like it is not Generation 7 and above, so this latest

Premiere Pro update is not compatible with your CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

the CUDA Acceleration is activated under Project Settings - General - Renderer...

What do you mean my CPU is not compatible???  I think i remember that the analyzing process and other Effects were working very fast with this system. I haven't been working with premiere for a long time now but i don't think that adobe brought out an update and deleted the support for my cpu or other parts of my system.... even if i dont put in any effects, my preview window is stucking and my cpu usage goes up to 80 / 100 %.... even on 1/8 detail grade.... what is going on?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling back to a previous Premiere Pro version, is the stabilizing faster ?

If yes, then it is the latest pp update and GPU acceleration does not work

perfectly with your current CPU generation.

There might be other issues as well, maybe you have to update your GPU driver,

try this before rolling back to previous versions if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cuda.JPG

Cuda is activated.... my generation is generation 3 of i7 i think.... gpu drivers are the newest.... how do i roll back to earlier versions? what kind of cpu is recommendet for adobe premiere pro?? i would buy a new one but i want it to work perfectly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might ask those questions on the Hardware forum. Link is on the Overview page.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can roll back to earlier versions by going to your creative cloud app,

from there install a previous version of premiere pro.. check if warp stabilizer

works faster there, then it is this CPU (not generation 7) issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't find that option to install older versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right end of the blue bar of PrPro. Click down arrow. Should be an option to view previous versions.

If not, check the CC apps options as there's one to show previous versions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you resolved?
I have an i7-3770 and a 1070ti
It seems that the warp stabilizer uses just 30% of my cpu and 2% of the GPU and it's very slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, is this resolved? My GPU is not utilized while running PP. The projects general settings has the GPU enabled. When using warp stabilizer, not GPU action at all.  I can not roll back to other versions. I run i7 7700. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GPU?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue. 
RTX 2070 Max-Q on a Lenovo Y740

CPU at 33%, GPU at 1-2%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you are referring to Warp Stabilizer not using the GPU during the analyze phase? There was a comment on another thread that this may be due to the analysis being mostly a CPU thing, and after the analysis is done by the CPU, the job of changing things is a joint effort.

I'm not an expert in that part of Premiere's BTS operations though ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those who experiencing this issue of hardware acceleration on older generation should rollback to previous version of premiere and also graphics driver if required. Sound weird but its true for me.

I have i5 6th gen and hardware acceleration doesnt work on Pr 2020 and above so using 2019. Also if i install latest graphics driver hardware acceleration stops working even on 2019. So sticking to quite older drivers as well. By graphics driver i mean Intel graphics driver not GPU driver. GPU works on latest. I have to keep rolling back to older version of drivers untill i found that works.

One tip - try driver within two years of chipset release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines