Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp stabilizer severely slowed down project

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So I have a pretty basic project of just a multicam sequence and a timeline that's about 1.5 hours of a commencement ceremony. My main camera the video ended up with lots of jitters and shakes because I was shooting from some aluminum bleachers and if people walked or moved at all, you can tell in the video.

So here I am, I chopped up the main shot into the clips that need warp stabilizer the most and I applied it to those. Obviously this takes forever to do so I let it run while at work. 

Now when I open the project, I can't even do anything after that, the project is incredibly slow, nothing loads, and it's a headache. So warp stabilizer seems to have been successfully applied to what I needed, but since then, like I said, the project seems unusable. 

I have an AMD 3900x CPU, NVIDIA 2070 Super GFX card, and 32gb DDR4 Ram. 

Any tips on what to do or how I can even begin editing? Was hoping to finish the project already but I can barely even open that file...

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, I'd dump the all the cache/media cache database files before opening Premiere.

Then I'd remove Warp from many of those clips if not most. In the Sequence settings, set your preview codec/format to a full intraframe format like ProRes422 or Cineform. Then apply Warp to a very few, then do a complete render/replace to replace the original clips with clips with Warp baked into them.

Work your way through the project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines