• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp stabilizer turns timeline red, ruins video

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to smooth out some GoPro video taken from a helmet cam using Premiere Pro CC.  I started a new project and import the videos, all taken at 1920 x 1440.  Timeline is yellow at this point, why is that?  I thought the new project would automatically create sequence settings at the same settings as the video.  Then I try to add the warp effect and the timeline goes red as well as the video getting very distorted.  I tried select nesting with no help.

I'm guessing I am missing something simple here.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settings don't affect whether a timeline displays the yellow or red bar, those are simply warning that your computer might stutter or drop frames (yellow) or probably will do so (red).

Warp stabilizer is a very powerful and resource demanding effect. If not set properly it can do bizarre things and it always involves a big hit on performance for all but seriously hefty purpose built editing workstations.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean « Premiere Pro work area

That is normal behaviour: bar turning red when adding warp, after analyzing it turns back to yellow.

Warp Stabilizer can do wonders it cannot perform miracles: in other words to much shaking cannot be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my bar turns red and stays red even after analyzing. It never used to do this. Do you have any idea why it might be happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this same problem. Might be a new bug in a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the bar stays red after analysing, it means the program "thinks" there might be playback issues such as dropping frames. And as each major update ... say, going from the 14.x to 15.x build series ... needs more hardware, that can be the issue right there. Sometimes even within a build series more hardware becomes needed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, are there any standard settings I should use?  I didn't adjust anything, just went with the default that comes up with the warp stabilizer.  It looked like it did a great job, but after it was done the clip was distorted and looked to be a different size.  Perhaps it's okay and will be fin after export?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helmet cam: that is usually very shaky.

Can you upload a clip for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to put a short clip on photo bucket to look at, but it doesn't seem ever get there.  What is the best way to upload a clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox, google drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, didn't realize I have a google drive account, but I do. 

I'm just getting into Premiere from years of iMovie.  I've been using Lightroom for just a little while, figured I would try Premiere for GoPro and drone videos.

thanks for the help.

Here is the link:  test.mp4 - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its quite shaky.

Dont think its to bad after adding the Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines