• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WAV FILES NOT PLAYING

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I did the update to 15.0, my wav files are not playing back in Adobe Premiere!! Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it before I uninstall?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh. Ok thank you SO MUCH for the suggestion!! Trying now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetly I am having similar issues but the trashing the prefences didn't help. I have to render and replace the audio for it to play and that doesn't always seem to work either. Also I am having lots of stuttering video. I am running a mac mini m1 and I am on big sur with Premiere 15.4. Super frustrating trying to get my project in a place for my client. I was having the same issues with a mac mini i7 as well. Thought the m1 might be able to handle the QT 4444. Thanks for any help.

~N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetly I am having similar issues but the trashing the prefences didn't help. I have to render and replace the audio for it to play and that doesn't always seem to work either. Also I am having lots of stuttering video. I am running a mac mini m1 and I am on big sur with Premiere 15.4. Super frustrating trying to get my project in a place for my client. I was having the same issues with a mac mini i7 as well. Thought the m1 might be able to handle the QT 4444. Thanks for any help.

~N

By @noadaboa

Am i right that QT 4444 is Apple ProRes 4444? Mind you that ProRes 4444 files are huge and do require a fast drive with enough amount of free space on it that can sustain the data rate required to playback those files. As a test, try to transcode one of the files to a more light weight Apple ProRes 422 or even Apple ProRes LT and see if you can playback that file without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt response! Stuttering gone and the audio now seems to be playing fine after Apple ProRes 422 LT transcode. I should have tried that before but was instructed by the the person I am working with to use Apple ProRes 4444. Lesson learned. I really appreciate to help on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt response! Stuttering gone and the audio now seems to be playing fine after Apple ProRes 422 LT transcode. I should have tried that before but was instructed by the the person I am working with to use Apple ProRes 4444. Lesson learned. I really appreciate to help on this!

By @noadaboa

There are many flavours of ProRes and here is list that is useful: Tip #1083: Pick the Right Version of ProRes – The Inside Tips

ProRes LT is more compressed and it has it´s downsides one should be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Very helpful, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you clear the cache as @Averdahl said, that should help. I just tried it and they are working fine for me. I never do an update without deleting the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines