• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wave Warp not animating on Adjustment Layer

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to place a wave warp effect on an adjustment layer over 3 clips. It will statically warp the image, but it does not animate. No amount of key-framing the speed or phase changes anything (phase doesn't even change the position of the waves). If I apply it to any of the clips individually, it works as intended.

I'm trying to use it as a glitch transition of sorts, to cover up a cut during a presentation (Morph Cut isn't working for this one). Trying to avoid cutting and nesting just those few seconds (it will work if I nest all the tracks) since it's not ideal to the workflow and an adjustment layer would allow the same effect to be easily used elsewhere.

Also trying to avoid taking this out to AE.

I'm still using 2017.1.2 v11.0 Oasis since I haven't wanted to install this weeks' updates mid-project. Have my doubts that would solve the issue anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have a real solution but i found out that changing the Opacity of the Adjustment Layer with Wave Warp on it caused some big Problems for me.

Its really strange. If i go for like 75% it will work, if i change it at Frame 1 to 1% Opacity and animate it in a few frames to 100% Opacity it just wont work. I dont see any Waves at all then, even after i animated to 100% Opacity.

Also i had a Text Layer below, i removed all Attributes from the Text Layer and my "Wave is not moving" Problem was gone.

Maybe it will help you. Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 2018.1.2 that I have works perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have version 2017.1.2.  Nesting the clip solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines