• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need Windows 7 compatibility please

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need Windows 7 compatibility please. I hate 10, I will never upgrade because it's really horrible, in fact, I downgraded back to 7. Is there any way I can still download?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

We're sorry you don't like Windows 10. It's very, very unlikely that we will bring back Windows 7 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're sorry you don't like Windows 10. It's very, very unlikely that we will bring back Windows 7 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved the ability to make macros on the 'desktop' of Win3.11. Create a short text file to say : "Open Excel, update the Totals range, select Totals as the Printing Range, print 3 copies." That OS is LONG dead. I've missed that capability ever since.

I loved XP after I figured out how to work the custom modifications I wanted. LONG dead.

Win7 weren't bad ... it just was. Wasn't as easy to modify as XP.

Win10 ... personally, I can't tell any working difference whatever. I did use the personalization controls so my OS 'looks' like Win7, and past that, it works perfectly. And is an identical experience to Win7.

Which will never, ever be supported for any new software ever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My impression is that operating systems ( OS) over the years changed along with hardware and programs. Sorta like leapfrog game.

8 bit, 16, 32, 64 etc.

I use an old quark express program ( probably 32 bit ) 'as administrator' on win 10 ( which I also hate like you but it is manifestly due to SAS junk ) and Quark works OK when I run it that way on 10.

It's nice to talk to a dinosaur like you !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I built this current machine in 2017, I originally planned to use Win7, but I'm really glad I went with w10 at that point. All the programs I've used over the years to make Win7 like XP and the Win10 like Win7 so it is like XP are all out there. First thing to use is Classic Start Menu and go from there. Win 10 is much nicer and reliable then Win7 was. I still have one machine with w7 and PP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I downgraded back to 7

Windows 7 is NOT a downgrade! Windows 10 is the downgrade! Windows 10 is a travesty of an operating system. It is hideously ugly. Plus, I take privacy seriously, and Windows 10 has done away with privacy. So there's no way in hell I would touch that hellish operating system.

It's very sad that after 26 years of using their software, Adobe has now abandoned me, and all Windows 7 users.

I mean, this isn't just like when we switched from Windows 95 to Windows 98 - or from XP to Windows 7. In those cases, there was a clear need for a newer, better operating system, and the newer version had been massively improved. Each release also looked much more attractive. However, the switch to Windows 10 is a HUGE step backwards! Windows 7 is a great operating system, perfectly suited to modern requirements. Windows 10 offers no improvements, looks ugly, makes everything worse, and destroys privacy. Why would anyone want it? Not me!

For now, I'll continue to use old versions of Adobe software, and keep praying that maybe one day Adobe will support Linux. If Adobe supported Linux, I would be happy to make the switch. But design is my life, so right now I'm stuck with Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't abandon anyone; Microsoft ended support for Windows 7.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/windows/end-of-windows-7-support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, Windows 7 is no longer officially supported, but it's still highly popular, used by one third of Windows users right now.

Some Adobe applications had already ditched Windows 7 two years ago, when it was still the world's most popular operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines