• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebM with alpha/transparency???

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As FLV is a dying format and often not supported, I found the plugin for WebM for Premiere.  Does anyone know if WebM supports alpha/transparency?  If so, how is that done?  If not, what are my alternatives when in AME, PP or AAE?  This is for a website, so of course, codec compatibility issues aside, the Animation and CineForm render files that are much too large anyway.  I'm surprised that there's so little information about this.  And whatever info I have found has lead me SMACK into a brick wall.  

I installed an earlier version of After Effects to output a FLV for the webmaster, but that takes me back to the first point I made in this post.

Please help!  Thx!

EDITED POST TO UPDATE: 

I worked around this by giving the webmaster an AVI with alpha, 480x720, rendered out of PP.  But I'm curious how long before someone has a solution, or a better alternative to my AVI. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Try this solution, it's not exactly for Adobe products, but I hope that it helps )

Alpha transparency in Chrome video | Web Updates - Google Developers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mikem22808329 wrote:

Hi!

Try this solution, it's not exactly for Adobe products, but I hope that it helps )

Alpha transparency in Chrome video | Web Updates - Google Developers

Unfortunately, I think only Chrome renders that movie with alpha. It's not really a standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines