• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wedding FIlm Maker here, I NEED my Encore to work. Its now randomly asking for a serial key?

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject states... Wedding FIlm Maker here, I NEED my Encore to work. Its now randomly asking for a serial key?

Adobe online chat help was useless as ever, got transferred to different"experts" 6 times, before someone said, no cant help you. 

So can anyone here please help? 

I NEED to make BR and DVD (although not as much) for my Wedding clients, they want their wedding day on BluRay and USB. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

*UPDATE* So I uninstalled it, and deleted everything to do with CS6. 

I then cleared all traces of it. I reinstalled it. Opened up Encore and BANG! Still nothing. I then opened up PREM PRO and "this time" I got a message, Validating to CC account. It did that and PP opened and work as per usual. I again tried Encore and to my surprise, it also started to work! 

However, I since sourced, Dvd Architect Pro and it is miles better than Encore. Cleaner and smoother. If ONLY there was a viable alternat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is no longer supported.

If you have bought the program several years ago you will have a serial number.

If you did not buy the product you are out of luck.

Good alternatief:

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a serial number. And it still isnt working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using a serial number program you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Also, Mac or Windows and exactly which version of the operating system?

IF Windows 10

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is what I was saying, nice cloud did its upload, Encore just randomly stopped working! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no trouble entering the serial number after Premiere CS6 asked for a serial.

What kind of serial number do you have.

Premiere CS6, Master Collection, Video Collection....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 Master Collection. 

CS6 Master Collection 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ME-MO,

Have you tried reinstalling Encore from the original CS6 disks?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes thrice..; and still nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a week goes buy without someone needing to burn DVDs or Blue-ray disks. Adobe could create a simple DVD/Blue-ray authoring program for it's users but instead Adobe gave us Rush. Why doesn't Adobe create an new DVD/Blue-ray authoring progams that integrates with Premiere Pro like Encore did? Call it Adobe Disk CreatorPro. If it can also make audio CDs that is fine with me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an absolute joke Adobe have done this to its users. I have been a paying customer for many years. 

I still am. Spoke to Adobe on FB and they sent me here to "try suggestions".. what is the point! I want my Encore to work that's it! 

So many bride and grooms are waiting to get their wedding day Blu-rays from me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a reinstall on Win 10 recently (CS6 Production Premium). Using a file download with upgrade. Installed with no problems, including the update using the Help Update option. It is true that some users have had problems with this.

You refer to it "randomly" asking for a serial number. I don't recall any of the problems being anything other than always asking for a serial number. Is it working correctly until you get the serial number request? If you open Premiere Pro CS6, does that work?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan

The use of the word random refers to it was working perfectly fine, and then when CC did something, Encore randomly stopped working and started asking for a serial number. I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall. But it doesn't want to accept the serial key. regardless of how many times type it in.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prem Pro CS6 does work yes, but encore isnt working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not working: what error do you get?

Make sure you open the exe as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to create another program to for authoring DVD or Blu-ray discs.  TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 can create DVD and Blu-ray discs.  If you export your video files as MPEG2-DVD or H.264 Blu-ray, Authoring Works 6 will not reincode the video files.  A free trial version is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*UPDATE* So I uninstalled it, and deleted everything to do with CS6. 

I then cleared all traces of it. I reinstalled it. Opened up Encore and BANG! Still nothing. I then opened up PREM PRO and "this time" I got a message, Validating to CC account. It did that and PP opened and work as per usual. I again tried Encore and to my surprise, it also started to work! 

However, I since sourced, Dvd Architect Pro and it is miles better than Encore. Cleaner and smoother. If ONLY there was a viable alternative to CC. I would be gone.. really poor service and support Adobe!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines