• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird glitches in timeline Premiere Pro 14.9

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 14.9 from 14.2 I noticed some weird graphical glitches in the timeline. You can see an example in the attached video. Is there anything I could do about it? Have you experienced it too? My gpu drivers are up to date and I'm using the game ready drivers from nvidia.
PC specs:
i9 9900k
32GB RAM
Nvidia GTX1080ti

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always clear media cache after any of Premiere Pro/Media Encoder/GPUdriver updates:

Preferences > Media Cache => Delete all media cache files..

Or you can do it manually - close Adobe PP/AME/AE, goto media cache location and delete folders:

Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files.

Do same with workspace, reset: Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not fix the issue. I also tried a clean reinstall of premiere and that did not help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you should do a clean install of the latest STUDIO driver and not use the game ready drivers. It's never a bad idea to delete the cache per @basil1891  comment. I do for every upgrade.

Delete your cache files as follows. 
The files are located here: Paste the whole line into File Explorer.
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

I just delete the three folders:
Media Cache
Media Cache Files
Peak Files

MyerPj_0-1612377393038.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the glitches are still present after doing all of these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downgraded to the 14.8 version and the glitches have disappeared. Is there any way to send a "bug report" or something like that to Adobe? I couldn't even find a regular support contact like an email on their website. Are these forums the only way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in to say that I am experiencing this issue as well. It's quite distracting when doing a lot of timeline adjustments with snap enabled.

I first noticed this in 14.9 on two different systems, each with a different studio driver from Nvidia (both were recent drivers - one was the latest and the other was a couple releases back). I've since tested Premiere 15 on one of the systems and the issue is still present.

Pr Pro 15 timeline glitch screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry that you have the same issue but it is good to hear that I am not alone. I was told that it is a problem with my GPU and my system but I do not believe that as it doesn't happen on any version prior to 14.9. NVidia support also confirmed that it is NOT a GPU problem, nor a driver problem. It is mostly a "minor" visual thing but it gets quite annoying after some time and especially when the audio layer shows a waveform when there is none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines