• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird issue with A1 only able to be assigned to A9. Can't move audio from A9 to any other channel.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this is a really simple fix and I'm just not seeing it and it's also confusing. I started editing a project with .MXF 4K footage shot on a Canon C500 and my timeline was fine but it was running a little choppy because of the size of the footage so on my next session I created proxies  .mov proxies because it said the .mp4 proxies wouldn't be able to handle the four audio tracks that the footage had inherent in it.

Now in my timeline for some reason any new clips I pull in only come onto A9 and I can't assign A1 to any other track except A9 - I made a screen recording - if that helps. Its just a personal project I'm working on - I've never run into this issue with client projects or personal ones ever - it's really frustraing - any insight would be really helpful. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps it's because you are trying to move audio from an adaptive track on A9 (see the small 2?) to a standard track. 

So maybe make an adaptive audio track above your A1 track which will become your new A1. Try right-clicking on your audio tracks and choose "Add Tracks" and then under the Audio Tracks heading change placement to "Before First Track" and then under Track Type change that to adaptive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines