• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird issue with frame preview (please help!)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to play a pre view with this footage. I've never seen this problem before. What happens is when I go to play it, the frames are mixed up. It goes forward one frame, then backwards a frame then forward to the next frame. It's weird to explain, but here is a video of the issue.

When I start scrubbing forward frame by frame, I am not going back at all, I only press the right arrow key.

It isn't a thing with the footage either, I put it into After Effects and it works just fine. It isn't a render problem either, as when i pre-render footage it still shows like this. There are no effects on here, its just raw video. The fps is high, but that isn't the problem either - changing the fps does nothing (except for some weird reason setting the project to 30fps "fixed" it but now its freezing every few seconds 😕  yes i pre-rendered it). 

Details of video file:

Type: .mov
FPS: 116.06

Res: 1920 x 1080

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work 😕 don't see how it'd be related to audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2) Clear media cache manually. Close Adobe PP/AME/AE, goto cache location and delete folders:

Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files. 

By default cache path is, on Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common
on Mac: Users/(Your user name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

3) If your footage is VFR(variable framerate), convert it to CFR (constant framerate).

4) Turn off  Hardware accelerated DEcoding in Preferences > Media... Remember to clear media cache each time you change this settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines