• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Render Issues in Premiere and Encoder (Proxy Workflow/H.264)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am at a loss here. Ever since I started using a proxy workflow on my PC, it seems that I can't even render a full video anymore. This was fine until the recent CC updates.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 with an i7-8700 and NVIDIA GTX 1080. My PC can render full videos with no problems if I convert everything to ProRes 422 .mov, but this was using a lot of space of course (converting Panasonic GH5 MP4s to .mov) so I resorted to a proxy workflow (using ProRes Medium proxy preset) and it's perfect while editing, but when my PC tried to render the full res MP4s into a full MP4 video, it freezes at random spots using hardware accelleration (GPU) or software engine renders (CPU). Before this I had random H.264 render issues using NVIDIA CUDA to render and it was fine on the Software Engine (CPU), it would just take 5x longer to render.

I get no crash reports or anything, it just stops responding. This has been on multiple videos AND I even re-installed WINDOWS comepletely and I still get this issue. Premiere and Media Encoder alike.

Everything I do is off of a 4TB LaCie USB-C External HDD (which has served me perfectly fine for the last year). I render proxies just fine on the GPU encoder. I'm really curious if anyone else is having this issue at all or if I should just go and get a new PC. Everything renders fine on my buddies iMac.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same H.264 rendering issues as me or if it's just my hardware.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is your LaCie? When was the last time it was defragmented?

If it's pretty full, it may cause file writing issues during export. Defragging it should help speed things up, and may even address space issues if the drive is near full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I currently have almost 500GB free as of now, but I see if it needs defragmentation! I should also mention that I tried rendering to my 1TB NVME SDD drive and it hung the same way it would on the other drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just now realizing that I am having the same issues as the last 4 forum topics posted in this community. Constant hangs and errors when trying to use Premiere; they even have over specced computers compared to mine.

I just did this mornings update hoping that it would fix something, but when I used the GPU acceleration it gave me the same error as before (bad renderer). I have disabled any hardware acceleration from the Premiere and Encoder menus and it seems to help as I am currently exporting a 3 minute video with the software engine... but it's taking 30 mins instead of the 3 mins it takes with my GPU.

I really hope that Adobe recognizes these issues as it is severely impacting my workflow. There's no errors that pop up or anything so it's not like I can even help them with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just switched my graphics driver from the "Game Ready" driver to the "Studio" driver and have noticed a massive difference. Make sure you do a clean install (you can find out how through Google) and it seems that it has solved 90% of my issues.

I am still having hard lock freezes as others have reported on the forums today. These are few and far though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines