• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.2!

Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-05-18 16.04.35.pngPremiere Pro 14.2 is here!

Today marks the release of Premiere Pro 14.2.

Complete documentation

Premiere Pro Team Blog: Performance and Stability: Our Highest Priority

Premiere Pro Team Blog: Maximize Your Creativity, Wherever You Are Working

Let's now discuss the new features, including new ProRes RAW support and GPU speed-enhanced exporting!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta say, 14.2 might be one of the more stacked updates in Pr 2020. I've been hearing good things about quality holding up even when using NVENC or AMD encoding, when typically in the past Intel's QuickSync has not held up as well. I'm excited to run some tests myself, and it could be a huge bonus for any long videos. I can see this being a huge bonus to game streamers who have a killer GPU in their rig anyway and typically deal with long videos.

Personally, I'm just loving the small quality of life stuff. Effects filtering is a nice nod to the AE feature that I will greatly be appreciating, and when I get back to working in office (which is Mac) I'm excited not to have to switch my audio output in both macOS AND Premiere every single time I want to switch between headphones and speakers. I also couldn't resist, I had to change the default marker color because yes, that default yellow-green is ugly as all hell.

At first glance, this is looking be like a really nice update from the Premiere team. Kudos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the message. Thank you!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Kevin! What about the quality of the final video when rendering GPU? Has it become the same as when using the processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Excited about the new hardware encoding features, but please clarify support for AMD GPUs and Mac:

1. The media reports were all nVidia, nVidia, nVidia. Sounds like there was a PR push to emphasize that, at the expense of accuracy. (And us Mac users, who live more and more in AMD-land.)
  2. The official release info is extremely terse: "With new support for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs on Windows, hardware encoding for H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) is now available across all platforms." So this feature is not available on Macs? Or it already was?? Since which version?
  3. The blog says: "we now offer hardware encoding [..] across the full range of macOS and Windows systems. 
  4. The help page still only talks about Intel Quick Sync for hardware encoding.

Specifically for me, will hardware acceleartion not work because my Mac is pre-2016?
(Mac Pro 2010, AMD RX580 GPU, OS X 10.13.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going off of the newly updated system requirements for Premiere, specifically those for hardware acceleration, it seems like the language you referenced from the blog post of "all platforms" is just there to clarify that if you have a requirement-meeting machine, regardless of if it is PC or Mac or has a NVIDIA or AMD GPU, you now have some option for Hardware Encoding whereas before this was not always the case.

In your case though yes, pre-2016 Macs do not meet the requirement necessary for Mac hardware acceleration encoding.

===

Hardware-accelerated H.264 encoding

• Mac OS 10.13 (or later) on Mac hardware from 2016 or later 
  • Windows 10 with 6th Generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors and Intel Graphics enabled
  • Windows 10 with a supported NVIDIA or AMD card

Hardware-accelerated HEVC encoding

• Mac OS 10.13 (or later) on Mac hardware from 2016 or later
  • Windows 10 with 7th Generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors and Intel Graphics enabled
  • Windows 10 with a supported NVIDIA or AMD card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had hardware encoding enabled on my Mac (2018 MacBook Pro) since Premiere made it available (can’t remember which release), but there’s one thing I’m unclear on. I believe one reason you need a 2016 or later Mac is because it requires Intel QuickSync in the CPU, but my question is, to what extent does Premiere Pro hardware encoding use the Apple T2 chip? Does it use both QuickSync and the T2, or more of one than the other?

A related clarification…the latest Mac Pro and iMac Pro have Intel Xeon CPUs that do not have Intel QuickSync (right?), but Premiere Pro can still enable hardware encoding for those models by using the hardware encoding provided by the Apple T2 chip that both have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would still love Adobe to clarify this. My understanding was that Adobe added GPU-accelerated H264/H265 encoding. It's what the 14.2 language suggests: 

With new support for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs on Windows, hardware encoding for H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) is now available

"Thanks to GPU support, hardware encoding is no available."

To me it sounds different than QuickSync, because QuickSync is a CPU hardware encoding acceleration component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, keeps getting better! 🙂

Jack YouViews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version freezes a LOT doing basic things like scrolling through clips and playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines