Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.6!

Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update.jpgPremiere Pro 14.6 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes new features, several bug fixes, and performance improvements. It is recommended for all users.

New features & enhancements

Quick export Pr.pngQuick Export
Quickly export your video right from within the header bar in Premiere Pro using popular or frequently used export settings. 

Support for DNxHR.pngSupport for DNxHR 444 12-bit encode and decode
Added support for DNxHR 444 12-bit decode and encode.

Fixed in version 14.6

• Keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop functionality may not work if the panels are undocked, or if the workspace is split across multiple monitors.
  • Inaccurate BPM values appear in the Essential Sound Panel for Stock Audio.
  • H.264 export of High Quality 2160 4K preset does not work properly with 60 fps sources.
  • In and Out duration in Source Monitor reflects changes when modifying timecode.
  • Improved stability when disconnecting the internet while playing audio in Essential Sound Panel.
  • Keyframes are written to sub-mix tracks during play or pause.
  • Improved compatibility with specific files from other applications.
  • Some DNxHR 8K files fail to import properly.
  • Auto Reframe fails to analyze updated sequences.

Complete documentation

New feature summary

Fixed issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I moved posts about the labels issue here
Leave your comments about labels not working on that post.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my premier pro 2 days ago, and now I can't import any videos into a project window. I can put the on the timeline individually but not into a bin where I can preview clips and stuff. Any help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Porque sempre que eu crio dois keyframes de áudio a linha cria um belzier automático? Isso ocorre até mesmo quando ele está marcado como linear.Captura de Tela 2020-12-02 às 11.00.20.pngCaptura de Tela 2020-12-02 às 11.05.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do not understand your language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Crashing when you try to playback clips? Please list your issue here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick export feature is great and very muxh needed but it is kinda useless the way it is now. Most of us use custom export presets and this quick export does not allow a user to select one of custom presets, thus completely (almost) useless. Too sad. 
I hope Adobe would change that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd add that unless it background exports it's not really a Quick Export is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point, ReidFilms. Please let the team know here.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nightshifter,

I agree with you on that point, and it was brought up in the beta forums. I'll advocate for that feature on your behalf, but if you have time, list it here.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This app has crashed on me every day since the october relerase  !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

efloyd,

I am sorry for this issue. Can you try a fresh project and see what you find out, if you have not already done so? Can we have more info on your system and media for troubleshooting purposes?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the sequence, audio and video are not linked anymore... i need to select both everytime i need to move a clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bogdan,

Hello! Sorry for the unfortunate behavior in the Timeline. Have you tried turning on the Linked Selection button in the Timeline? You may have switched that off accidentally. Have a look and then report back as to your findings.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to new bugs, lags and crashes! Yeeeeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeDiBanKai,

Sorry for the unfortunate events. I see no specific details, though, and I am not finding any of these issues in my own projects here at home. Can you help us out so we can help you? More info on system and media, if you don't mind.

Please also try a brand new project and see if that works. If it does, we can try troubleshooting your legacy project.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation of this version fails. I upgraded to the October release a few days ago, and there were a lot of issues.

Now nothing works. I can't install any version. I uninstalled the app, and it won't install anything.

This is a huge problem. Any solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

Sorry! Can you give us any details about your system and media so we can troublehsoot? You said you recently upgraded and there were issues, but you didn't say what they were. Crash logs, screenshots and other details about what you were doing at the time helps us understand what may have happened here.

You say now that you can't even install the application. What happens? Any warnings? Or does simply nothing occur? Again, any other details you can give would help immensely. 

During COVID, I'm operating with quite an underpowered Mac Book Pro, but it is still performing just fine, considering. That is why I'm perplexed as to your situation. Hope I can help solve it for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I I'm creating more space on my computer to see if that's the issue with installing the app. It was an error code 127. I can let you know if there still are issues after I am able to install the app again.

The issues were with exporting - I can't remember the warning. I'll let you know if they come again. Hopefully not 🙂

I am also having trouble creating a square sequence! I put in 1080x1080 and it says 1:1, but the frame is not completely square, it's a bit wider thans its hight, and this is a problem when I need it for Instagram. Do you know anything about this?

Best regards

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening Annie,

Awaiting any details you can give after you regain some space on your hard drive. I recommend at least 30% free space on both your OS disk and media drive. If you do not have a drive specifically for media, that would be an ideal Black Friday purchase. All video editors need two drives, one for the OS and apps, and the other for media only. That keeps your system running smooth and predictable.

If there is some weird scaling going on when using certain sequence sizes, I have seen that a bit but that was at least 2 or more versions ago. If the issue is still occurring after updating, let me know. If you still can't update after clearing hard drive space, allow me to assist you further tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashes, I probably crash 15-20x a day right now. Don't lose any work I just have to restart PP but it screws up my workflow. I am on the verge of switching software, I hoped the crashing would be a 14.5 issue but it seems to not be isolated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, JonnyP.
We would love to have a lot more information so we can assist you. Details about your computer (its system components like CPU/GPU/RAM/hard drives) and the kind of media you are working helps a lot. Any kind of special workflows you are engaging in might also be helpful to know about if they are at all unusual. 

Engineering has gotten to the point where Premiere Pro should rarely be crashing on native projects. If you updated an existing project, it can become corrupt, which can explain why you are having trouble.

Can you test with a brand new project to see how Premiere is behaving? Then, we might find out if your project has issues, your system, or if it is a Premiere Pro issue.

I have no trouble with my current projects, so that is why I'm confused about your situation. I really hope I can help you, though. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

This will happen with brand new projects, I am basically using PremierPro at it's most raw since I uninstalled and restarted all preferences with an Adobe engineer via screen share. 

I am running the following:

macOS Cataline Version 10.15.6 Macbook Pro 16-inch, 2019

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

It's almost brand new and this never happened on my old macbook besides the odd standard crash here and there. To this day it still persists and I can't track down what's causing the crash as it happens randomly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jonny! Feel your pain, my friend. Are you generating any crash reports? You have to save them expressly. Once you have one saved, feel free to attach it here and I'll will have it analyzed. On Mac, I do like to try a list of items in the FAQs. Here is the link. Folder permissions for a long time caused a lot of weirdness, so definitely check that out, in addition to the basics: trashing preferences, media cache, and reinstalling after running "Adobe Cleaner."

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for your response, the FAQs are interesting although some of the links forward to archived articles and are not accessible. 

How do I access a crash report? I looked on Google and can't seem to find a way to do it on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines