• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 14.8!

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Icon.pngPremiere Pro 14.8 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. This update includes several bug fixes, a couple of new features, and performance improvements. 

• It is recommended for all users. 
  • If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your issue so we can help.
  • If you have a bug to report or any complaint please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 14.8

Documentation on the new features is here. New features and enhancements in the January 2021 (version 14.8) release of Premiere Pro.

Timecode Support for Non-Standard Frame Rates
Added support to display and use any non-standard frame rate timecodes, such as 120fps, 240fps or VFR clips.

Color Space and Gamma Changes
The default working color space and Gamma curve has been modified for all RED files.

Performance improvements
Performance improvements in H.264/HEVC encoding for TigerLake processors (11th generation Intel Core mobile processors).

Fixed issues in Premiere Pro 14.8

• Home screen panels don’t resize correctly with high resolution displays.
  • Improved stability when quitting immediately from Home Screen.
  • Marquee selection fails to select video track.
  • Images are squeezed horizontally when scaled below 50% in non-square pixel aspect ratio sequence.
  • Media Browser icons appear incorrect on macOS Big Sur.
  • Block noises when importing some Canon MP4 files.
  • Application may hang when changing playback setting to software only with ProRes RAW on macOS.
  • DVCPro HD file fails to import.

Complete documentation

New features

Fixed issues

Known issues:

The previous NVIDIA game ready driver (461.09) is conflicting with Premiere Pro 14.8 and Windows PCs with NVIDIA GPUs.

• Solution 1: Install the Studio driver. download it here.
  • Solution 2: Install the latest Game Ready driver, 461.40 is now available and is working with Premiere Pro 14.8. Download it here.

Please update to either driver, and you'll be clear of the issue. The Studio driver is the preferred one for Premiere Pro users, and provides the better user experience, but either one will work.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it also fixed the freezing problem when adding new tracks for people using control surface devices! Just tried it and it seems to be working great with my Loupedeck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for making the change to the default settings for Red files.  It was so annoying changing the clips manually to IPP2 log on the Dragon 6k files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will let the devs know on Slack this morning. Thanks for your feedback, Space Cherry Films!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,   Is there anyway to set the default Red color setting manually for the entire project or does it always have to start with log with this new release?  I like to see the shots in my browser with a certian color setting.  Now everything defaults to Log.

Thanks  

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also running into this. We prefer to import with the color space we have on our camera, so now when we bring in footage, we have to click the reload from RMD button on each clip to revert to those settings. Any way to set a different default? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, 
Sorry, man. Please make this request on the User Voice site, OK? Here are some IPP2 issues. See if any of these match. If not, create a new one: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?query=IPP2

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, would have been nice to be given the choice on this. I set everything in-camera and like it that way in Premiere. Now I have to click the reload from RMD. Will request on User Voice site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: So far, the only issue people are having is related to Premiere Pro 14.8, and Windows PCs running NVIDIA GPUs. The latest NVIDIA drivers from Jan. 7 seem to be having issues. Roll back to the earlier set of the Studio drivers to find better success.

Thanks,
Kevin

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 2.52.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA is a pain but that's what Dell provides.  Why make users change drivers which will likely have other unintended consequences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Premiere since Jan 7 with no problem so I don't understand how that would be the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to 14.7 and can now get back to work.  Thanks Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two kinds of driver. The default one is the game ready driver, Premiere needs the studio ready driver, for which, you have to pull down the menu and choose it. Download and installing the driver solves most issues related to the new version, Gary. Hope that info helps.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that tip! That did seem to do the trick for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report, Jens.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere won't load video:

Error:Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file.

The path is correct.  This is keeping me from working on my project and it needs to be resolved ASAP.

I will now try to load the project in a previous version.  Very disappointing.  Clearly insufficient testing of this 14.9 Build 9 to blame I'd say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

Sounds like you reverted to the previous version and are back up and running. When you have a spare moment and want to run 14.8, try the Studio Driver, reboot the computer, and report back, my friend.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Sorry about the error. This may be a sign that you need to update your video driver. Can you look into this? Let me know if that solves it.

Thanks,
Keivn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I'm using 14.7 again after reverting back since video wouldn't load in 14.8 as I reported before.  I checked all the drivers and they are up to date, in fact checked twice.  The new update still has the same problem so this doesn't appear to be the problem.  Has there been any progress in a solution to this, I don't seem to be the only one with this issue.  Cheers..............Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this version is crashing with MacOS Big Sur..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Laura. Do you have a crash report, or are you getting the spinning beachball? What are you doing when it happens. Can we have more info on your machine and source media?

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, sorry Laura. I have not heard a reply back. Any news, or are you OK now?

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - great work on the new version!

I'm using a mac with the latest OS Big Sur 11.1.  When I try to start up PrPro 14.8 it freezes on the splash page.  It stops at 'Loading ImporterQuickTime.bundle.

I've seen that this seems to have been noted as a problem before (as far back as 2013) - although it's not clear what the issue is here or what solution actually works.  

Any advice here much appreciated!

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines