Welcome to Premiere Pro 15.0 Crashing like Fail Army

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't post much but I have to rant.  The past few years since the subscription model, for lack of better a better word...sucks. 15.0 not only crashes when I open projects but locks up my computer, my threadripper, 128ram, SSD raid, RTX,  dedicated editing machine. I'll figure out the problem but I'm sick of the issues, we are professionals, NOT beta testers. I've held out on Resolve but it's time to change.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues in updating.

Please be aware that you can always install the previous version of PPro from the Adobe CC App.

Generally, it is not recommended to update to a new version midway in a project. Have you tried updating the GPU drivers before updating PPro? Throwing away cache files?

Instead of opening an existing project in a new version, you may try to start a new project and then import the existing project.

Hope this helps.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick response, I'll figure out what works. However, I'm always in the middle of a project usually several. I don't think rolling back versions should be the end user's responsibility, or waiting to see who has issues before upgrading. If emptying the cache works then offer that as an option during the install. I've lost my trust in this process.

Also, the update wiped out my custom effects folders and custom presets, to which I had a few, not cool...can I get the presets back from older projects, yes, but again that shouldn't be put on me to do.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

As fellow users (Adobe Creative Professionals, or ACP), we are here to help you to the best of our abilities. Please keep in mind that this community is mainly operated by users just like you. We are not employees of Adobe, although some employees do chime in ocasionally.

You can always contact Adobe support to assist you in helping to solve problems as well.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who's been in PrPro daily since CS6, this 15.x release was a pain as it didn't properly bring any of my customizations ... workspaces, presets, keyboard shorts ... nothing into the new build. Even though I'd had it checked to do so.

Then I tried to sync by downloading my CC profile. Which ran ... and changed nothing.

So I had to hunt down my 14.0 folders of layouts, workspaces, presets & such and put them in place. And yea, I posted about this on their public beta forum. Bad form.

Other than that, it's run quite well on my 24 core Ryzen/128GB-RAM with a 2080Ti. But that startup sure ticked me off. Yea, I've dealt with the Adobe issues of scattering user settings/prefs about enough for others to know where to hunt 'em down, but jeez ... we shouldn't have to. The vast majority of updates and upgrades I've done that part has been slick. There's always the concern as to whether something is broken in the new build but this time, the new build works fine on my rig. Yea for that.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines