• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the NEW Premiere Pro Community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & Welcome to the NEW Premiere Pro Support Community!

My name is Colin and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Kevin, Caroline, Rameez, Sumeet and Shivangi. We are super stoked to have you join us in this new support community. 

This community will be a one-stop-shop for all your questions, answers, educational content, concerns, and even the coveted viritual Hi5!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, please feel free to post here... We are listening!

Best,

Colin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Neil. I agree with you 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything is so spread out, you have to scroll 20 pages just to see stuff an hours ago instead of glancing at 10 hours worth. is the wider view worth it? I think things will get buried faster and posts won't get as much feedback from lurkers. hopefully there will be a view by style format tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration, Chris. We're listening, though. I hope we can add features to make the scrolling a little tighter. I think providing some search constraints might help. We'll keep adding those. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened to the subfora eg Premiere Pro SDK (panel scripting) etc?

Also, is it possible via prefernces to disable the visibility of text preview in the 'conversations' view? I couldn't find any way to do it eg there seems to be no option to show subject only ... and it seems like I'm scrolling for days and days looking for what I want.

Another issue (and please pardon me here), but is there any means to filter AND filter out specific post types? For example, in the new layout, on the front page for Premiere I see this 'featured' post first, then a Japanese post production one, then a third - and thats it! That's all I can see without starting to scroll indefinitely. I see possible options for filtering posts by topic at right eg SDK, but no way to 'filter' for 'ExtendScript' etc, nor any way to 'filter out' unwanted topics eg 'Japanese Post Production' ... I mean my Japanese is pretty darn subarashi desu ne, but my kanji is awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andy,
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that we need more constraints to filter out certain posts, like those in "any foreign language," etc. As far as SDK posts, type in a search term, then click the "SDK" label in the right rail. That's the way you should see all the new and legacy SDK posts. Let me know if that works for you. I will also advocate for better searching and sorting.

I have been to Japan a bunch, and my kanji sucks pretty bad too. LOL. It is fun to know some, though. You can walk into a cafe instead of a butcher shop from just looking at the sign out front? That's awesome!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kev

In the previous set up, a sub forum (like SDK) had its own set of content appropriate filters (like ExtendScript) that worked by users tagging their posts accordingly... but now we get only top level 'topic' filters (eg SDK) to effectively narrow the displayed content. Having done that, how do we then also filter by tag? ie How do we access/use content appropriate filters/tags to limit within that top level SDK 'topic' filter? The only option we appear to have is to search via 'text' ... but if that only finds posts containing specific text, rather than posts that maybe didn't contain that specific text but were nonetheless tagged appropriately, then how do we find those posts? Similarly how do I post an SDK specifc question while also tagging it appropriately (for its intended target audience)? Ie without manually typing a long list of possible search terms into the body of the text?

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I agree that we need more constraints to filter out certain posts, like those in "any foreign language," etc

Given the excellent 'Translate' function that's builty in to this new design, I'd suggest that an option to automatically translate any displayed posts to the user's default language would be a great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possible issue (tho probably by design) ... where's the 'Post' button hiding when you first land on the forum font page?

I'm currently accessing using the Microsoft Edge browser andf it seems I have to start scrolling the page to force the Post button to  appear. As it is, I had just searched for the specific issue I wanted to post a question about, got zero results, so wanted to post my question... but there was no Post buton visible. Bizarre.

In a similar vein, (also with Edge' browser) 'Relpying' to the first post in a topic appears to offer a multiline text window with formating options etc ... but when replying to a reply I am only getting a single line text window with no formatting options? Is that correct? Fwiw: I just tried to 'reply' to my own eartlier post in this thread with the above additional note, but only got that single line text entry area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Premiere Pro Community and there is a button to create a post to that community

Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 6.55.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, was looking for 'Post' and totally blanked on the big 'Post to community' button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to your other replies? Did you delete them? If so, it looks like you also deleted my replies those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still only getting one line replies tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be '404'... I'd edit it the mistake in the original reply but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColinFitzAdobe, Why do i have to log into the forum several times a day?

I have cleared all cookies but this still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Averdahl!

Thanks for the feedback... we are experiencing this as well and it seems to be different timeframes for some of us (2hrs idle time seems to be the limit but others have said they were signed out sooner than that). I'm passing along this info to our engineering team for them to take a look at. We are constantly updating the community while we work out a few kinks.

Thanks for your continued support and don't hesitate to provide additional feedback!

^CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, replies to ANY reply to the original post are hidden under a "View all Replies" that is not immediately apparent. Any way to default to the "old" way of simply showing everything and not requiring additional user input to see entire threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't the FAQ tag at the bottom of this post for example clickable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, I really wish you'd look into restoring my standing. I lost my profile when you started this new format. Was level 3. No one will respond to me.

Here's a thread where I explain the issues.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Video-Lounge/So-what-is-up-with-this-forum/m-p/10606411#M8082

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Resh! Thanks for reaching out. Are you using the same log-in as the old forum? All status and profiles should have been migrated over. Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, no that's the problem.

On the first day of your switchover to this new forum, I logged in using my normal Enterprise account. It was requesting a username for some reason(?). When I tried to use the one I had currently been using, BNC10, it stated that the username was already used. (yes, because it was mine, but wasn't connecting it to my account.)

The only was I was able to get in was to go back to the username I had before our company switched to Enterprise. During that switchover, I had to enter a new name, too, but all of accumulated points transferred. This time nothing did.

I don't care about the username BNC10 or RESH, but I lost any standing I had built up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, I've passed it along to the community team to look at. In the meantime, have you tried changing your profile name within the 'account' settings? https://account.adobe.com/profile What shows up as your Adobe Forum Name?  Try changing it to your original name and let me know if the status is restored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I'm beyond confused. The link you sent me to, shows me as BNC10. So I tried changing it to RESH. It wouldn't let me change to RESH because that name was in use. (yes, I know that.)

So when I came to this forum in the same browser session I wasn't signed in. When I signed in using the exact same Enterprise email and password, it signed me in as RESH. Neither of the accounts have my level 3 rating.

I'm lost. Two accounts. Same email and passowrd, show two different usernames.  You guys will have to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all very nice and shiny new Forum - BUT - you have left one important feature out

Where is the access to my personal messages?

I exchanged important info with a couple of Experts relating to Premiere & Encore but now they appear lost. How can I gain access to them. As a fee payinmg Creative Cloud customer this is not acceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonesVid,

For now, you can navigate back to: https://forums.adobe.com/community/experience-cloud and log in to the old community to access the messages. Unfortunately DMs/PMs aren't currently enabled on the new community. We are working on getting them enabled in the near future as this is a top request from many users.

Hope that helps while we continue to add features and iron out some of these kinks.

Best,

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Colin - but I tried that and could not see a way to log in to the old community?. Community had no hot link ?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines